Jump to content
rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS - STATUS UPDATE

Recommended Posts

STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT

10/13/2017 - Many have asked us about when we will be releasing an update to REX Worldwide Airports for P3Dv4+. First, let me address the issue. When P3Dv4 was released, they had changed much of the lighting algorithms. Because of this, we are working hard to update ALL content to resolve this issue. This is NOT a fast process because it often involves updating, testing, etc. So we are starting this forum update area to keep everyone updated on the progress of the product. We will keep you updated as we progress.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your patience in this matter.  Very frustrating for us as well as I am for you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD – STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

10/23/2017 –

No new information to add today.  We are slowly progressing in updating textures.  It is a long a tedious work as we progress through to make sure every texture work.

…Next update coming Monday, October 30th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the updates. This add on has really improved the default airport textures and I'm really looking forward to this for v4.1. Makes a big difference for default airports!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD – STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

10/31/2017 –

I wish I could report a lot here, but we are treading through updating the textures for P3Dv4.  So, nothing more to say at this point.  In a few weeks, we will have a better idea on a possible release of the update.

…Next update coming Monday, November 6th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 12:03 AM, rstough said:

REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD – STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

10/31/2017 –

I wish I could report a lot here, but we are treading through updating the textures for P3Dv4.  So, nothing more to say at this point.  In a few weeks, we will have a better idea on a possible release of the update.

…Next update coming Monday, November 6th

Apart from updating textures, is there any chance you will consider implementing updated bgl files for airports. We all know that the sim data is almost a decade old, and currently, getting up to date airports is a tedious job hunting down a comaptible scenery for v4. If you were to inlcude just updated bgl files, if even done only for regional airports and larger, I think a lot more people would consider purchasing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to add my 2 pence to the efforts being made here.  First of all:  BEST customer service in the market. (PMDG also does amazingly well too) and am patiently waiting impatiently  for what I know are always great products. Second; thank you for taking the time to do it right and not just get something "out".

That is - to me - what creates the long term loyalty. 

-Chris Noble

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD – STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

11/6/2017 –

Unfortunately, I do not have any major news on this update.  We are progressing slowly, but changes made with P3Dv4+ has really put us behind on this project.  We will be pushing out an update every 2 weeks in that trying to update every week is almost crazy because of the work.

…Next update coming Monday, November 20th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, aayyppxx said:

Apart from updating textures, is there any chance you will consider implementing updated bgl files for airports. We all know that the sim data is almost a decade old, and currently, getting up to date airports is a tedious job hunting down a comaptible scenery for v4. If you were to inlcude just updated bgl files, if even done only for regional airports and larger, I think a lot more people would consider purchasing it. 

 

We are looking at what we can do for future versions of WWA, but our focus, for now, is to get this product compatible for P3Dv4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the website itself doesn't specify supported versions of P3D until you get to the check out page.

 

With that being said and having wasted money now... can I still install it to P3Dv4??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeug_P3D said:

So the website itself doesn't specify supported versions of P3D until you get to the check out page.

 

With that being said and having wasted money now... can I still install it to P3Dv4??

Hi,

Where you purchased from:
http://store.rexdownload.com/airport-texture-package-for-fsx-fsx-steam-edition-prepar3d/14-rex-worldwide-airports.html
Listed under compatibility: Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v1, v2, v3. 

To add, our team is working on P3D v4 compatibility, hence the reason for this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD – STATUS UPDATE: IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

11/21/2017 –

There is no major update for REX Worldwide Airports HD for P3Dv4.  We are still in process of developing new textures.

…Next update coming Monday, December 11th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Rstough,

Just bought this product from Black Friday deal and discovered is not P3D V4 compatble (yet)

"Give ALL default airports in FSX, FSX:Steam and Prepar3D the..."  in feature liste.

Waiting patches but you should clearly explain "IS NOT P3D V4 compatble"

Edited by Gandilhon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use it with P3DV4 even if it is not officialy supported. 

You just have to point manually to the P3DV4 folder.

On the REX store, i can see that :

Quote

FLIGHT SIMULATOR COMPATIBILITY

Microsoft’s FSX SP2, Acceleration

Microsoft’s FSX – Steam Edition

Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v1, v2, v3

P3Dv4 is clearly not listed as compatible

Edited by nirgal76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had problems with in in P3d V4 and 4.1.  It's not been usable for me since I bought it.  Of all the Vendors, REX has been the slowest to catch up. Aerosft has been pretty bad. alot of vendors just port over the old stuff. Many months now and a waste of money. Oh well . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 5:09 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

I had problems with in in P3d V4 and 4.1.  It's not been usable for me since I bought it.  Of all the Vendors, REX has been the slowest to catch up. Aerosft has been pretty bad. alot of vendors just port over the old stuff. Many months now and a waste of money. Oh well . . .

Not to sound rude, but you are making a comment that is unwarranted. 

Have you looked at all the textures of Worldwide Airports?  Do you realize ALL those have to be updated by hand and tested by hand?  This project originally took over a year to develop.  Now we have to redo many things from scratch.  So please be patient here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if do not agree with the "REX are keeping my money from me" BS. They have clearly said that only the REX TD and SC are officially supported for v4. All other products are clearly still in progress for v4 compatibitly . When you bought the product, it was stated to run along with FSX through P3D v3, which it does, flawlessly. They never said it works with v4. That they are offering a free update, which is essentially a whole new product, with all textures redone, is a very good and generous thing to do. 

Aerosoft have already got on the 64-bit cash cow with their "Professional" series, which takes a lot lesser work than what Worldwide Airports HD  requires. Look forward to the release.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 3:18 AM, aayyppxx said:

Forgive me if do not agree with the "REX are keeping my money from me" BS. They have clearly said that only the REX TD and SC are officially supported for v4. All other products are clearly still in progress for v4 compatibitly . When you bought the product, it was stated to run along with FSX through P3D v3, which it does, flawlessly. They never said it works with v4. That they are offering a free update, which is essentially a whole new product, with all textures redone, is a very good and generous thing to do. 

Aerosoft have already got on the 64-bit cash cow with their "Professional" series, which takes a lot lesser work than what Worldwide Airports HD  requires. Look forward to the release.

I'm totally agree with your reflexion, REX thank You!, I am a happy Customer with your products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 7:55 AM, juancami said:
On 12/8/2017 at 2:18 AM, aayyppxx said:

Forgive me if do not agree with the "REX are keeping my money from me" BS. They have clearly said that only the REX TD and SC are officially supported for v4. All other products are clearly still in progress for v4 compatibitly . When you bought the product, it was stated to run along with FSX through P3D v3, which it does, flawlessly. They never said it works with v4. That they are offering a free update, which is essentially a whole new product, with all textures redone, is a very good and generous thing to do. 

Aerosoft have already got on the 64-bit cash cow with their "Professional" series, which takes a lot lesser work than what Worldwide Airports HD  requires. Look forward to the release.

I'm totally agree with your reflexion, REX thank You!, I am a happy Customer with your products.

+1

REX changed the world in FSX and have done much already in P3dv4! I, like everyone else, am anxiously waiting for Worldwide Airports, but am patiently waiting because you folks do a fantastic job! Keep up the great work REX!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!

×