GCRicker

RESOLVED Upgrade from Essential Plus Overdrive?

I'm still living in the dark ages using Essential Plus Overdrive with FSX.  Could someone please advice me, or point me to an existing post, on what I would need from REX to become modernized?  For example, does "Soft Clouds" just replace "Essential Plus Overdrive" or do I need to purchase something else?

Thanks.

-Greg

Hi Greg. Here a link to the REX store. You can look at all the products available and hopefully after reading about them you will be able to decide which of the products you would prefer. I would hold off on REX Essentials+OD. The developers are soon to release a new weather engine with other neat things included. It is called REX SKY Force 3D.

http://store.rexdownload.com/

Edited by gets

On 10/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, GCRicker said:

I'm still living in the dark ages using Essential Plus Overdrive with FSX.  Could someone please advice me, or point me to an existing post, on what I would need from REX to become modernized?  For example, does "Soft Clouds" just replace "Essential Plus Overdrive" or do I need to purchase something else?

Thanks.

-Greg

REX Sky Force 3D will be our major replacement for REX Essentials + Overdrive.  We are putting the final touches and tests on the product.  It will be a game changer in your experience.

Okay.  Thanks rstough and gets.  I guess I wasn't living  in the dark ages after all with Essential Plus Overdrive.  I thought REX4 Texture Direct Enhanced Edition and REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds were replacements for Essential Plus Overdrive.  I'll wait for Sky Force 3D.  Thanks again.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:54 AM, gets said:

Hi Greg. Here a link to the REX store. You can look at all the products available and hopefully after reading about them you will be able to decide which of the products you would prefer. I would hold off on REX Essentials+OD. The developers are soon to release a new weather engine with other neat things included. It is called REX SKY Force 3D.

I had a similar question to Greg's. My main issue with REX is that I have never been able to find (and that may be my shortcoming, I don't know) a comprehensive table/explanation of how all the various REX products fit together. Is Texture 4 Direct a substitute for REX Essentials plus OD? Doesn't sound like it based on the quote above and below. But then what will be the relationship between Texture 4 Direct and  Sky Force 3D?

And how does any or all of this relate to, integrate with, ORBX products, of which I have quite a lot. Do any of the REX products  replace/ conflict with ORBX products. I feel like I don't just need a sentence or two, but a fairly extensive and detailed explanation.

Many thanks.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:26 AM, rstough said:

REX Sky Force 3D will be our major replacement for REX Essentials + Overdrive.  We are putting the final touches and tests on the product.  It will be a game changer in your experience.

Edited by WingRider

We have not included any of the newer product information yet because we have not revealed a feature list yet.

I noticed that Sky Force 3D doesn't have any ground or water textures like Essential Plus Overdrive had.  If I want to continue using those features, do I continue using Essential Plus Overdrive with Sky Force 3D?  If so, is there a way in the  Essential Plus Overdrive configuration to turn off everything that Sky Force 3D does?

Thanks.

That is correct. 

Don't open REX OD unless you want to install water, waves or airport-related textures.

In the REX OD Options Manager, make sure only those items are checked ON.