Sign in to follow this  
dlrk

RESOLVED Is HD Airports still in development?

Worldwide HD Airports hasn't been updated in a while. Is it and future airport packs still being developed?

On 9/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, dlrk said:

Worldwide HD Airports hasn't been updated in a while. Is it and future airport packs still being developed?

Just to give a quick update on this.

1.) Our focus right now is getting things updated for P3Dv4.  So other enhancements are on hold for now.

2.) We have BIG plans for REX Worldwide Airports to improve it even more in 2018.

• Like 3

Thats good to know!!

A good feature is to show what default generic building texture is replaced with the REX textures.  A side to side comparation.  I use ADE to update default airports.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:18 PM, CzarW said:

Thats good to know!!

A good feature is to show what default generic building texture is replaced with the REX textures.  A side to side comparation.  I use ADE to update default airports.

Thank you for your input.  I will mark this post as a suggestion for later review.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, rstough said:

1.) Our focus right now is getting things updated for P3Dv4.  So other enhancements are on hold for now.

2.) We have BIG plans for REX Worldwide Airports to improve it even more in 2018.

Good stuff!  Another suggestion if I may would be for replacement roof textures for the airport buildings.  Not a big deal on the ground but those default textures do stand out even on approach against those nice HD terminals...:)

On 9/28/2017 at 2:36 PM, Flic1 said:

Good stuff!  Another suggestion if I may would be for replacement roof textures for the airport buildings.  Not a big deal on the ground but those default textures do stand out even on approach against those nice HD terminals...:)

Been there done that. Problem with the default SDK is that the textures are mapped so small to the surfaces and tiled ad infinitum. We will look at them again and try a different approach.

Flick1, for now may I suggest some binoculars for now to see the cool buildings as you approach.... Which to be honest is a great idea when the default ATC are involved with take off and landing , you know that thing such as "heavy214 you are cleared for landing rwy 27 " , 50,40,30,20...... Why did they not tell you about the bloody huge virgin 747 sitting but just 100 feet in front of you waiting for take off clearance? " heavy214, go around" .... " did you hear my last transmission?" .... ATC..... We all perished

Edited by asustech

On 9/27/2017 at 2:35 AM, rstough said:

Good to know on #1 above, as I have purchased REX Worldwide Airports, assuming it works for P3Dv4. Patiently waiting..:)

12 hours ago, CrazierChief said:

and where is the update to v4, i am really dissapointed that this software seems to be a dead end.

This program is not at a dead end I can assure you of that.  In case you have not seen other posts in this forum, I have made it clear that we had to completely redo WWA for P3Dv4.  They changed things and made the product look terrible.  We have completed the textures and we are integrating them into the project now.  We should begin testing in a few weeks.  There are over 8gigs of textures that had to be redone.  That just doesn't happen overnight.

2 hours ago, CrazierChief said:

ok, im sorry about that comment, i will be following this thread then and hopefully update my airport hd when ready

No worries. Please see the following for updates.

Cheers.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45991-rex-worldwide-airports-status-update/

Sign in to follow this