Jas451

RESOLVED Soft Cloud Integration will not install

1 minute ago, Jas451 said:

in regedit went to HKEY_USERS - S-1-5-21-20945729-2308380057-313935925-1001 - Software - REX Game Studios. Under that were folders for Soft Clouds and Textures Direct. Deleted both of those before doing the re-install

Did you install Soft Cloud Standalone before you installed Soft Cloud Integration ?

No, just Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix5_20170725 . Didn't want to install the Textures Direct Enhanced in case that was causing the problem, The Soft Clouds integration installs Textures Direct Enhanced along with Soft Clouds 

Edited by Jas451

3 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

No, just Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622 . Didjn't want to install the Textures Direct Enhanced in case that was causing the problem, The Soft Clouds integration installs Textures Direct Enhanced along with Soft Clouds 

Maybe TD EE causes the problem... I will try with older TD version

Edited by cezaryniedzinski

That was my thought too. That's why I went with Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622 . Let me know if this works for you

Does not install per: rstough instructions.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz turbo boost to 4.2 GHz

Ram 16 GB

GTX 1060 6 GB

Win 7

P3DV4

1 hour ago, Jas451 said:

Ok, got the installer to work by un-installing Soft Clouds and Textures Direct Enhanced. Went into regedit and removed the entries for Soft Clouds and Textures Direct, re-installed Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622 then ran rextdsc_sp7_20170818_nopay. Installed  without issue and shows version 4.17.20.0818 when running Textures Direct. Only issue was when I got to the window for install location in showed F:/appdx instead of F:/Textures Direct folder, just had to point it to my Textures Direct folder manually on my F drive

This is how I got it to install

42 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

That was my thought too. That's why I went with Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622 . Let me know if this works for you

4.6.2016.0928 -> SC Integration doesn't install

4.6.2017.0814 -> SC Integration doesn't install (neither upgraded from 0928 nor full version)

PS. I've never had Soft Clouds Standalone installed before on this PC - maybe this is a problem...

Strange, BACK button doesn't work too...

Do you have Soft Clouds installed now? Wasn't sure if Soft Clouds was the issue so I un-installed it before attempting the install of Soft Clouds integration.

Just now, Jas451 said:

Do you have Soft Clouds installed now? Wasn't sure if Soft Clouds was the issue so I un-installed it before attempting the install of Soft Clouds integration.

no, I don't.

7 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

Which Win 10 version you have? (Run-> winver.exe)

Did you have any listed prerequisites in SC Integration installation dialog box?

Windows 10 64 bit version 1703 os build 15063.540  When I reinstalled Textures Direct I used rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622. Is that what you used?

1 minute ago, Jas451 said:

Windows 10 64 bit version 1703 os build 15063.540  When I reinstalled Textures Direct I used rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622. Is that what you used?

The same win version as mine. When running SC Integration installation there was a screen with prerequisities to install - my was blank. Do you remember if you had something listed on this screen? 

Mine was blank also, went to the next screen, clicked next and it went right into the install screen.

I give up:( Waiting for any clues from guys from REX.

Link to Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition full installer with key would be great workaround :)

Yeah, this is ridiculous. There is obviously a problem with the Integration Tool when so many have the same issue. I also suggested Link to Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition full installer but was told it would be a support nightmare. What kind of support nightmare is this?

Re-downloaded from the link that is reposted...same thing. It does not work.

Clayton

Edited by Psybear

I ran a hash check on the download files from yesterdays post and todays post and they are identical:

MD5  F3C7F0AF87FCD5916DE858072002781B
MD5  F3C7F0AF87FCD5916DE858072002781B

So my question  is,  is this the same file that didn't work yesterday? >:D

Edited by Psybear

Folks,

Please update with the following:

How was the update downloaded? A DEDICATED download manager such as FlashGet or GetRight OR a web browser.

Which unzipping utility did you use? Winzip, Winrar, etc. etc...

MS Edge,  7-Zip        REX4 TD Enhanced Version: 4.7.2017.0814

Win10 Pro x64 1703 15063.540

Edited by Psybear
Added REX4 TD Enhanced Version: 4.7.2017.0814

I used FireFox to download and Winrar to unzip to a temp folder to install. I've been thinking about why Soft Clouds integration would not install when I had Textures Direct Enhanced and Soft Clouds standalone installed, but installed after removing both these programs, removed any reference through regedit and re-installed using Texture Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622.  When I was unable to install  Soft Clouds integration the installer pointed to F:\Texture Direct folder automaticly, but when I re-installed  Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622 the installer pointed to F:\appdx instead. I had to manually browse to F:\Textures Direct folder. Is it possible the installer is unable to resolve install location even when it points to the correct install location?

Ops, miss copied the file name, sorry, another senior moment. Re-installed using  Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix5_20170725 instead of rextd_sp6_hotfix3_20160622

Edited by Jas451

The requirement for the Soft Clouds integration is that you need to have the minimum build of REX Texture Direct with a ending build # of 2016.0928 or 2017.0725.  Upgrading from 0622 is not supported.

If you have a build that 0622 please email via: support@rexgamestudios.com 

Please include with the email a link to this post.

hi

I unzip with WinZip download by browser don't know how to use get right flash get

cheers

IB 

4 hours ago, timest999 said:

Folks,

Please update with the following:

How was the update downloaded? A DEDICATED download manager such as FlashGet or GetRight OR a web browser.

Which unzipping utility did you use? Winzip, Winrar, etc. etc...

Internet Download Manager

Winrar

3 hours ago, rstough said:

The requirement for the Soft Clouds integration is that you need to have the minimum build of REX Texture Direct with a ending build # of 2016.0928 or 2017.0725.  Upgrading from 0622 is not supported.

If you have a build that 0622 please email via: support@rexgamestudios.com 

Please include with the email a link to this post.

I tried 2 scenarios:

1. Starting with REX Texture Direct 4.6.2016.0210 I bought from FSS and upgraded incrementally till 4.6.2016.0928 via REX servers. SC Integration doesn't install on 0928.

2. I downloaded REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition full installer 4.7.2017.0814 by means of REX File Transfer tool using original key provided by FSS. SC Integration doesn't install on 0928.

I used "rextdsc_sp7_20170818_npaddon.zip."

I do not have any intermediate REX TD Full installers version to try.

I can provide you with any logs and info you need. Please let me know.