Jump to content
Jas451

RESOLVED Soft Cloud Integration will not install

Recommended Posts

Hi, Just downloaded the Soft Cloud  integration upgrade. Attempting to install  into REX 4 TEXTURE DIRECT ENHANCED EDITION – BUILD 4.7.2017.0814. Used the Standalone version of Soft Clouds download link. Ran the installer as administrator, accepted my serial key, clicked on next, installer correctly  pointed to my  REX Texture Direct folder, clicked on next and nothing happened. No activity from installer noted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

Hi, Just downloaded the Soft Cloud  integration upgrade. Attempting to install  into REX 4 TEXTURE DIRECT ENHANCED EDITION – BUILD 4.7.2017.0814. Used the Standalone version of Soft Clouds download link. Ran the installer as administrator, accepted my serial key, clicked on next, installer correctly  pointed to my  REX Texture Direct folder, clicked on next and nothing happened. No activity from installer noted

Did the installer crash or give no response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave no response after clicking on next. Opened Task Manager, processes, details which shows that it's running, but nothing being installed to the Texture Direct folder  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jas451 said:

Gave no response after clicking on next. Opened Task Manager, processes, details which shows that it's running, but nothing being installed to the Texture Direct folder  

Hmmm that is weird.  Did you try clicking the NEXT button again?  Also, how much time has it been like this with no response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clicked next multiple times after waiting 1-2 minutes between each click. Have waited approx 8 min since last click with no indication anything being installed into the Texture Direct folder. Also back button clickable but will not go back to next screen. The only button that works is the cancel button

Edited by Jas451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did notice that the installer asks for Name: Organization: and Key:

Maybe Organization should be email ?

The other installer asks for Name: Email: and Key:

Just a thought as I tried both installers. One rejects my key, the other does nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tgiesige said:

I did notice that the installer asks for Name: Organization: and Key:

Maybe Organization should be email ?

The other installer asks for Name: Email: and Key:

Just a thought as I tried both installers. One rejects my key, the other does nothing.

Ok we are looking into it.  Not sure what is going on because it worked during the testing process.  Will advise shortly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steps for installing the integration:

1.) Install REX Texture Direct 

2.) Start up REX Texture Direct so the program will set the registry.

3.) Close REX Texture Direct

4.) Start and complete installation of REX Soft Clouds Integration

5.) Start REX Texture Direct - should show new build #: 4.17.2017.0818

 

Let me know if by following these instructions it fixed the issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rstough said:

Yes we are still working through it.  Our internal tests have come back all working. So we need to follow up with the customers with the issue to find out their process.  Thank you for your patience.

Found this by timest999 in another post. The installer works for them, but not for those of us who have posted here. It would seem that perhaps our systems or Windows install may be the problem although I am perplexed as to what would be different with our systems. Hopefully we will hear from either timest999 or rstough soon with further detailed inquiry into our setups and install attempts for this software

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jas451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rstough, Should we un-install then re-install Texture Direct?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would like everyone to try this:

1.) Install REX Texture Direct 

2.) Start up REX Texture Direct so the program will set the registry.

3.) Close REX Texture Direct

4.) Start and complete installation of REX Soft Clouds Integration

31 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

rstough, Should we un-install then re-install Texture Direct?

That is not necessary. 

For those that are still receiving the SAME EXACT ISSUE, please post your FULL system specs. Please do not ask for support in this thread that doesn't pertain to this issue. It will be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, got the installer to work by un-installing Soft Clouds and Textures Direct Enhanced. Went into regedit and removed the entries for Soft Clouds and Textures Direct, re-installed Textures Direct rextd_sp6_hotfix5_20170725 then ran rextdsc_sp7_20170818_nopay. Installed  without issue and shows version 4.17.20.0818 when running Textures Direct. Only issue was when I got to the window for install location it showed F:/appdx instead of F:/Textures Direct folder, just had to point it to my Textures Direct folder manually on my F drive

Edited by Jas451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They took the link down because of this issue. As soon as the issue is resolved they should be putting it back up. I resolved my problem with not being able to install, waiting to see if others are able to resolve their install issue the same way as I did.

Edited by Jas451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no fun :( In folder selection dialog box the NEXT and BACK buttons do nothing.

My spec:


- Windows 10 Pro x64 PL v.1703

- RAM 16GB @ 3000 GHz
- Intel i7 6700K @4.6 GHz
- Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard
- MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB
- Prepar3d V4
- Hard Drives:
    1. C: Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB - Windows 10
    2. D: Seagate ST2000DM001 - Data
    3. E: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB - E:\Prepar3D,  E:\Inne\REX Texture Direct
- UAC turned off

- AV turned off

 

Edited by cezaryniedzinski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

They took the link down because of this issue. As soon as the issue is resolved they should be putting it back up. I resolved my problem with not being able to install, waiting to see if others are able to resolve their install issue the same way as i did.

What reg entries did you delete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in regedit went to HKEY_USERS - S-1-5-21-20945729-2308380057-313935925-1001 - Software - REX Game Studios. Under that were folders for Soft Clouds and Textures Direct. Deleted both of those before doing the re-install

Edited by Jas451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!

×
×
  • Create New...