andy1252

RESOLVED Just wanted to check my upgrade, and also say "thanks"

Hi,

just did my upgrade to the latest version (SP7 20170818) via the upgrade mechanism in my existing TD with SC. All apparently gone ok, but I have two questions -

1) the banner here on the site says the Enhanced Edition is a 2gb update, but the files downloaded and extracted via the installer only amount to 1.17gb. Is this simply a compressed vs uncompressed thing? (i.e. the Cabs contain 2gb when uncompressed)

2) after the install, the "modified" time and date stamp on my Textures folder in my main TD directory is still showing an earlier date (16/08/2015 in my case), and the only sub-directories  that have been affected by the upgrade are \Textures\Clouds\Cumulus (42 sub dirs, 3.69gb total) and \Textures\Sun (11 subdirs, 74.8mb total).

Just wanted to check that this is what I should expect.

And a big thank you! I appreciate the free upgrade and free support for P3Dv4. Haven't run it up in v4 yet but a quick first flight with all the defaults (sets '01' throughout) in v3 and it all looks mighty fine. Looking forward to getting things going in v4 - been missing my REX.

cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

You're welcome. :)

1. Yes, 2GB uncompressed, the download is the correct size.

2. Correct. 

You're set!

11 hours ago, timest999 said:

Hi Andy,

You're welcome. :)

1. Yes, 2GB uncompressed, the download is the correct size.

2. Correct. 

You're set!

Thanks for confirming!