Sign in to follow this  
wizza52

RESOLVED REX not loading in FSX

Hello all. I'm sure this question has been asked many times before so apologies for this.

I have loaded REX essentials plus. I already have FSX in my C:programme files (x86)

In the configuration of REX I have chosen the same programme file. (x86)...But it is not loading it into FSX when I choose "Fly now". 

If I enable REX weather engine start up with FSX, nothing happens. If I just tick "enable REX weather engine",  the weather engine screen comes up when i start "Fly now" and it says "REX weather engine initializing" but nothing happens. If I " load WX" a bar goes to 4% but it doesnt load any further. 

Am I going wrong somewhere!  Is it maybe because both programmes are in  C:(X86) perhaps? I dont know!

Thank you for any help.

David. 

David, 

First rule, make sure to RIGHT-CLICK the REX exe file when opening, then select RUN AS ADMIN. 

Next, please make sure REX and FSX have exclusions through any antivirus software you have installed.

Next, please make sure REX and FSX have exclusions through any firewall you have running.

Then, please make sure UAC is set accordingly in Windows. Read the user manual in REX to understand more on that.

Which version of Windows are you running?

Which version of FSX is installed?

Hi timest999...Thanks for your really fast reply!!

OK, firstly, I am running windows7. Secondly,  I have FSX deluxe edition. 

Im not sure how to right click the REX exe file? How do I do that? I always run as ADMIN.

I dont have any antivirus right now because I have just updated my computer from 32bit to 64bit, so I thought I would load the FSX and REX first!?.. and I dont have firewall running either, and also UAC is off.

Just to note when I install FSX it always seems to load to C;file(X86) ? I did however paste it to just the C: file. Is that ok to do that.?

(its just that I saw a thread saying not to have either in (X86).) 

Im sure we'll get to the bottom of this! I have used REX successfully before and it really is a brilliant product!!!

Thank you for your patience! 

David.

Please open REX and navigate to the ABOUT window.  Let me know what build number you have.

Hello rstough! Thank you for your reply. Ive been away for a few days so sorry about not replying sooner.

So, ive fixed my problem now.  What is was.....I have a disk for installation of REX which I was using and could'nt load the textures into FSX., So I decided to download it again directly from Flightsimstore (which took considerably longer to do!.. But on opening the configuration manager, I found it  very different from the disc version. and it simply worked!!!

Just to mention before I go...I couldnt load FSX in just the C: file. (browse option at the start). It just seems to only want to download to C:(x86) . 

But it works fine anyway.

Thanks to you and timest999 for your help.

David. 

Sign in to follow this