Sign in to follow this  
scootersm

RESOLVED Issues with REX not opening

Hey there,

I recently had issues with my PC blue screening.  Now my REX will not open.  When trying to open I get an window saying that REX has stopped working.   I have uninstalled and re-downloaded from FSS a version SP5 and reinstalled and still get the same error.   I click the short cut and still getting the same message.  I'm still using W7,  Norton AV,  latest FUCIP, it has worked for many years for me.... Not sure why it's the only thing not working after a fresh re-install.  I did have the overdrive package too that is gone as well. My install path is C:\REX FS2004 and the FS2004 is....C:\Flight Simulator 9

I'm at a loss I just uninstalled and re-installed again.  Same issue.....It's the only thing on my PC not working.  I did use Flight 1 downloader and seems to be installed ok.  lots of files in the folder.  It's like missing a file.  I use the Desk top Icon and get the quick message and gone. I've used the other Icon in the file too.   

Hi,

Sorry to hear that! :(

1. Please completely remove the application via the standard uninstall procedures in Windows.
  2. Make sure to manually delete the leftover REX folder.
  3. Download AND install CCLEANER: http://www.piriform....leaner/download
  4. Run CCLEANER.
  5. Open CLEANER
  6. Select the REGISTRY TAB
  7. Select SCAN FOR ISSUES
  8. Select FIX SELECTED ISSUES
  9. Select YES and choose a location to back up registry (your choice)
  10. Select SAVE
  11. Select FIX ISSUES
  12. Select CLOSE
  13. CLOSE CCLEANER
  14. REBOOT PC
  15. Reinstall REX. DO NOT install into the Programs Files areas, rather to a root drive, such as C:/
  16. Please make sure to have exclusions in place if you are using an antivirus software.
  17. After all has been done, report back and let us know how how everything went.

Same thing,

It says REX has stopped working windows is checking for a solution and goes away.  It did work as of 2 weeks ago. 

The only thing I can find in errors says its incompatible with system....

Due to the technical nature of this topic, we ask that you send an email to our Tier 2 Technical Support Staff at:  support@rexgamestudios.com

Please provide a link to this post within your email. 

Will do

Edited by scootersm
email adress