rstough

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE

47 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Dog4Zero said:

All I did was in the config section point it to the v4 install place like any other Sim and ran the texture install.  For the weather you chose, in the P3D start up screen, REX weather in the weather options and set it all up like any other Sim.  Like I said it "seems" to be working. I am still experimenting with airports and places to see if it did indeed install correctly and the scenery, texture sliders to get the best frame rates. Like I said before I know I am doing this at my own risk and if something happens REX is not at fault. Once the update come out I will feel much better about using it. I'll also wait for the fixes for the rest of the things I have.

Thanks, will give this ago once P3Dv4 is installed.

A quick update here...

We will be including an update to the WX Advantage Radar for Prepar3D v4 by the end of June.

3 people like this

Hello,

pls, any new with REX texture direct p3Dv4 ?

many thanks !

JM

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, maca11 said:

Hello,

pls, any new with REX texture direct p3Dv4 ?

many thanks !

JM

JM -

Thank you for your patience in this matter.  We are finishing up our testing of the textures, because we had to do BOTH soft clouds and ALL the textures of REX Texture Direct.   Since these products can be combined we had to make sure both products work.  It will be before the end of the month for sure an most likely much sooner.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:00 AM, marci1229 said:

Please inform me when the hotfix is out.

All REX 4 products will be alerted through the application when the update is available.  

3 hours ago, rstough said:

All REX 4 products will be alerted through the application when the update is available.  

Waiting another 15 days...

thank you

On 6/16/2017 at 2:51 AM, rstough said:

Hello there..

I had uninstalled everything so that it would be clean for P3D v4, and now when I try to install I  get an error message stating that it cannot find/access the .msi file that is located in the same directory..  Would that be because I only have v4 installed and no others?, or should I submit something more detailed to support?

(sorry for the hijack)

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Hi,

No support offered in this thread. Please post in the proper area of the forum.

40 minutes ago, timest999 said:

Hi,

No support offered in this thread. Please post in the proper area of the forum.

Sorry that I wasn't clear.. I wasn't looking for support, just curious if the reason why it wouldn't install was because I only had v4 installed.  Without TD/SC installed how would I be notified of an update?  I'm installing an older version then will update that..  Thanks though..

I have found out that the weather is not getting put into the Sim. All the textures are there but the weather is not. So I will wait for the fix or Sky Force, what ever is first, and just fly with the weather off using the Sims themes.

Please hurry up with the fix for Rex4 essentials / soft clouds,, All your competitors have run with the ball and have functional products going into p3dv4 for several days....I'm sticking with REX for now but the loyalty is starting to wain..come on guys

1 hour ago, badwolfx said:

I'm sticking with REX for now but the loyalty is starting to wain..come on guys

Sure that'll make them hurry up!

patience friend good things come to all who wait.

2 people like this

Quick question, like many others here I have completely uninstalled any other resemblent products of FSX / P3D and now only have XP11 and P3Dv4 installed, will I have to wait for a new installer to be released or how will this work once made compatible?? Products I own are: REX 4 Texture Direct and Soft Clouds, so if anyone could please point out install procedure when the update is out I would appreciate it.

Rightr now I am suuuper confused when it comes to all the different packages and hotfixes and don't know anymore which to run first and what all the hotfixes are for?? Anyways when I try and install the current one pointing at P3Dv4 folders REX just breaks with lots of errors.. So instructions on how to install what and where when hotfix is out would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers

Like we stated earlier the updates are going to be available at the end of the month.  Thank you for your patience.

You mentioned the updates will be through the application, but I don't have it installed anymore, I formated my Sim dedicated SSD just for P3D v4 and REX 4 was uninstalled too, I have REX 4 + Soft Clouds, will be an unified installer for it and native installer for P3D v4?

2 hours ago, FabioMagnoni said:

You mentioned the updates will be through the application, but I don't have it installed anymore, I formated my Sim dedicated SSD just for P3D v4 and REX 4 was uninstalled too, I have REX 4 + Soft Clouds, will be an unified installer for it and native installer for P3D v4?

We'll be sending updated full installers to our distributors as well.

OK now! I suggest complete " radio silence " for the next week. Let the REX team work in peace with the hotfixes for P3D v4 

and then

let us look forward to SkyForce

and later to the other two " Forces "!!!

I agree with Henrik. If they have to keep answering our questions we are taking them away from their work. Lets let them work so we can get the fixes. This should go for the other topic as well.