rstough

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE

47 posts in this topic

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE: LAST UPDATE: 6/13/2017

Thank you everyone for your patience.  Though we still have some testing to do with some products we can now give a firm update on our progress for upgrading REX products for Prepar3D.

The following is a list of products that will be receiving a hotfix to support Prepar3Dv4:  Estimated release June 2017

·         REX Worldwide Airports HD

·         REX 4 Texture Direct

·         REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

·         REX Soft Clouds

·         WX Advantage Radar

The following products will require a major service pack update to support 64bit for Prepar3Dv4: Estimated release TBD

·         REX 4 Weather Architect

·         REX Essentials Plus

·         REX Essentials Plus Overdrive

6 people like this

Great news. I look forward to these textures on my flights.
Anything new about REX Sky Force for P3d v4?

Thanks for the update.

Thank you for keeping your customers updated. As a user of many years of REX Essentials Plus Overdrive I would even be willing to pay a small upgrade price for this product as it seems it will take more work to make it functional. I love my REX and know how to use it and really don't want to have to learn a new system. Maybe $10.00 or $15.00 update price.   :)

Thanks.

Great news!    :lol:

+1 looking for the Weather Radar

really liked essentials plus overdrive, I also would pay a upgrade fee as it would  take probably a lot of effort to revamp for 64 bit, thanks guys for great products for enjoyment of flight simulation, Hats off to REX..

any consideration going to be given to wx radar??

On 10/06/2017 at 3:09 AM, rstough said:

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for your patience.  Though we still have some testing to do with some products we can now give a firm update on our progress for upgrading REX products for Prepar3D.

The following is a list of products that will be receiving a hotfix to support Prepar3Dv4:  Estimated release June 2017

·         REX Worldwide Airports HD

·         REX 4 Texture Direct

·         REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

·         REX Soft Clouds

The following products will require a major service pack update to support 64bit for Prepar3Dv4: Estimated release TBD

·         REX 4 Weather Architect

·         REX Essentials Plus

·         REX Essentials Plus Overdrive

Hi,

Can we get some info on how all these products will integrate with Sky Force 3D?

Thanks

6 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Can we get some info on how all these products will integrate with Sky Force 3

I think Skyforce is a completely new product for textures and will probably need the new weather engine

20 minutes ago, exploreall said:

I think Skyforce is a completely new product for textures and will probably need the new weather engine

I understand that it needs "A" weather engine. Doesn't have to be the REX one if i'm not mistaken.

But where it gets confusing is, what does this mean for Essentials, TD, Soft Clouds, etc. Since those do have textures for weather elements.

I think another weak to release the hotfixes

Waiting a good news :D

9 hours ago, exploreall said:

Nope, wrong. Sky Force 3D will have it's own!

9 hours ago, RancidViper said:

I understand that it needs "A" weather engine. Doesn't have to be the REX one if i'm not mistaken.

But where it gets confusing is, what does this mean for Essentials, TD, Soft Clouds, etc. Since those do have textures for weather elements.

We have built the application open-ended meaning you can use any weather generator with it. More info on all features to come as we are prepping the website and user manual.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is great news. I was hoping the silence over the weekend was a good thing. My money is ready when Skyforce is.

Edited by Roadburner440
1 person likes this

Very good news!! But was it the plan to include a weather engine at the begining? Is this weather engine Environment Force ?

No it was not planned to have its own weather engine.  This is not the Environment Force or Weather Force engine.  That is still in development.  But the new weather engine for Sky Force will be specifically optimized to take advantage of ALL the key aspects of Sky Force and its features.

1 person likes this

I have REX Essentials Plus Overdrive and went ahead and used it on P3Dv4 before I read any of this and it seems to be working.  I do have WW airports and soft clouds and am going to wait for the updates on them.  As for Essentials Plus Overdrive I'll use it as is at my own risk until you get the update out. I hope I don't have to many problems.

29 minutes ago, rstough said:

No it was not planned to have its own weather engine.  This is not the Environment Force or Weather Force engine.  That is still in development.  But the new weather engine for Sky Force will be specifically optimized to take advantage of ALL the key aspects of Sky Force and its features.

Yeahhhh! Can't wait !!

Posted (edited)

Well here in Europe its half hour before midnight so tomorrow the Sky Force info might be up

So will REX end up with 3 weather engines?

Edited by exploreall

7 hours ago, timest999 said:

We have built the application open-ended meaning you can use any weather generator with it. More info on all features to come as we are prepping the website and user manual.

:o

KvFySZP.jpg

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Dog4Zero said:

I have REX Essentials Plus Overdrive and went ahead and used it on P3Dv4 before I read any of this and it seems to be working.  I do have WW airports and soft clouds and am going to wait for the updates on them.  As for Essentials Plus Overdrive I'll use it as is at my own risk until you get the update out. I hope I don't have to many problems.

Please would you share how you got REX ESS PLUS to work in v4? I am waiting on just this addon to work, will then move to P3Dv4.

M

Please inform me when the hotfix is out.

10 hours ago, a340500 said:

Please would you share how you got REX ESS PLUS to work in v4? I am waiting on just this addon to work, will then move to P3Dv4.

M

All I did was in the config section point it to the v4 install place like any other Sim and ran the texture install.  For the weather you chose, in the P3D start up screen, REX weather in the weather options and set it all up like any other Sim.  Like I said it "seems" to be working. I am still experimenting with airports and places to see if it did indeed install correctly and the scenery, texture sliders to get the best frame rates. Like I said before I know I am doing this at my own risk and if something happens REX is not at fault. Once the update come out I will feel much better about using it. I'll also wait for the fixes for the rest of the things I have.

1 person likes this