JP

ANSWERED P3D license?

Hey Guys, I am a little confused which P3D licences to choose I am still running on FSX so this will be my first P3D purchase. I am assuming the majority of people choose academic license but I would like to confirm before purchase.

Thank you for the help

JP

Nothing wrong with the Academic licence. It give you the basic functionality of the sim, unless you are an instructor. The acafemic version has a small watermark in the top right hand corner.

You are going to want to go with the Academic license as a few of the Flight Sim add-ons are not compatible with P3D Professional. If you get a Professional license a lot of the products like stuff from Flight1 come from a completely different website and are geared for the commercial audience. I myself haven't switched to P3D yet as I am waiting on v4 to come out, but all of my research has led me to the Academic license being the appropriate way to go.

Unless your in school you should be going with the pro version, but then again the terms are open to interpretation. The comment about add-ons not working with pro is a load of garbage, the only difference between the two is the water mark, that is all.