rstough

ANNOUNCEMENT REX RESPONSE TO XP11, FSW, AND P3DV4

rstough    450
On 6/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, chiel said:

Thank you for the incorrect answer, if everyone now uses words instead of half words or letters then I take the trouble to read it completely. Now I need the sms dictionary

What can I clear up for you?

spankybus    0

Hey Mates,

i am new here. After seeing the gist of this thread, I wanted to also throw my hat in for XP11. Have P3Dv3 and REX textures., but after having played XP11 and using free Ortho scenery that I can make, free 3d mesh terrain, and many other free and well made tools...There is just no motivation for me to delve into P3Dv4.

However, as has been stated...the clouds and weather in xp11 are pretty weak. SkyMax isn't bad, but it's draw distance is not impressive and so it feels like a cloud that literally follows me everywhere...I get enough of that from life lol

xEnlooks amazing!...from a distance....and maybe really high up. It's sky and lighting adjustments are fantastic. But I am a GA pilot and I like my clouds puffy and close-up. xE doesn't really pull this off very well. They are working in it, so I am not pooping on their work, but looks nothing like REX textures yet.

your trailer for skyforce melted half my face off:-) sincerely hope your up-and-coming products get the xp11 treatment. I will be putting cash down for these items. Great work to your team.

Also would volunteer to help test. I am a 3d game and texture artist and teacher at a university for same. NDa's welcome and can also speak more directly to potential issues. 

Either way, really excited to see what REX can do in the XP11 engine!

Edited by spankybus

chiel    0

Hello Reed

this wash my question.:

Hello Reed

Is skyforce 3D new voor Essentials overdrive or is this something to use together with Essentials overdrive

rstough    450
1 hour ago, chiel said:

Hello Reed

this wash my question.:

Hello Reed

Is skyforce 3D new voor Essentials overdrive or is this something to use together with Essentials overdrive

This will replace REX Essentials.

rstough    450
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:52 AM, spankybus said:

Hey Mates,

i am new here. After seeing the gist of this thread, I wanted to also throw my hat in for XP11. Have P3Dv3 and REX textures., but after having played XP11 and using free Ortho scenery that I can make, free 3d mesh terrain, and many other free and well made tools...There is just no motivation for me to delve into P3Dv4.

However, as has been stated...the clouds and weather in xp11 are pretty weak. SkyMax isn't bad, but it's draw distance is not impressive and so it feels like a cloud that literally follows me everywhere...I get enough of that from life lol

xEnlooks amazing!...from a distance....and maybe really high up. It's sky and lighting adjustments are fantastic. But I am a GA pilot and I like my clouds puffy and close-up. xE doesn't really pull this off very well. They are working in it, so I am not pooping on their work, but looks nothing like REX textures yet.

your trailer for skyforce melted half my face off:-) sincerely hope your up-and-coming products get the xp11 treatment. I will be putting cash down for these items. Great work to your team.

Also would volunteer to help test. I am a 3d game and texture artist and teacher at a university for same. NDa's welcome and can also speak more directly to potential issues. 

Either way, really excited to see what REX can do in the XP11 engine!

Sky Force as it is right now will not work with XP11.  But Environment Force may have some possibilities.  Again after Sky Force is released we will have a better ability to see what we are able to do with XP11.  The weather engine is much more limited than even FSX and P3D, which is a shame.

BTW - I see you are a 3D Game and Texture Artist. Please contact me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com   Please provide a link to this post.

exploreall    1

Get X-Plane to modify their sim so you can use your P3D weather with little to change in it

I assume Cloud Force will come on line after the current sale

Edited by exploreall

spankybus    0
On 6/14/2017 at 11:53 AM, rstough said:

Sky Force as it is right now will not work with XP11.  But Environment Force may have some possibilities.  Again after Sky Force is released we will have a better ability to see what we are able to do with XP11.  The weather engine is much more limited than even FSX and P3D, which is a shame.

BTW - I see you are a 3D Game and Texture Artist. Please contact me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com   Please provide a link to this post.

Email sent as requested, thanks.

kberg    1

What releases first?

REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds (hotfix for v4)

or 

REX Sky Force 3D/ REX Environment Force/ REX Weather Force (release).

Adamski_NZ    7
5 hours ago, exploreall said:

Cloud Force Likely right after the sale

Cloud Force????? Do you mean SkyForce - or one of the other products? Confusing enough as it is, LOL!

Adam.

rstough    450

To help with the confusion about the upcoming products here is a little table giving some details:

Product Name

Product Description

Supported Platforms

Project Release

REX Sky Force 3D

Complete weather system replacement.  Includes new cloud models for better cloud representations.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX Environment Force

Environment enhancement API to be used enhance the environmental conditions dynamically.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX Weather Force

Cutting edge weather engine that utilizes all elements of Environment Force and Sky Force to give the most realistic weather conditions possible within the present flight sims.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX AXIS

Single location for product support and community building.

TBD

2017/2018

REX SIMAIR

Massive multiplayer experience in which a user competes for dominance in the sky’s and on the ground as an air carrier and pilot.

TBD

2017/2018

** This doesn’t include any products for Flight Sim World, Xplane 11, and AeroFly 2 that we are presently investigating for further development.

• Like 1

herryjanto    5
35 minutes ago, rstough said:

To help with the confusion about the upcoming products here is a little table giving some details:

Product Name

Product Description

Supported Platforms

Project Release

REX Sky Force 3D

Complete weather system replacement.  Includes new cloud models for better cloud representations.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX Environment Force

Environment enhancement API to be used enhance the environmental conditions dynamically.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX Weather Force

Cutting edge weather engine that utilizes all elements of Environment Force and Sky Force to give the most realistic weather conditions possible within the present flight sims.

FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3, 4

REX AXIS

Single location for product support and community building.

TBD

2017/2018

REX SIMAIR

Massive multiplayer experience in which a user competes for dominance in the sky’s and on the ground as an air carrier and pilot.

TBD

2017/2018

** This doesn’t include any products for Flight Sim World, Xplane 11, and AeroFly 2 that we are presently investigating for further development.

Could please help me to understand this correctly. At the moment I am using REX4 and softcloud and AS16 (for my weather radar on PMDG and FSL). Hifi also has ASCA and I am waiting for REX product.

Sky force, is that comparable like AS16?

Environment force, is that comparable with ASCA?

1. My goal is to buy ASCA the like from REX, that is why I am waiting for almost a year for Sky force. Am I correct with my expectation?

2. What does environment force actually do? dynamic clouds or else?

I am getting confused with all these, sorry.

Regards,
Hendrik

Megachill    0

Jesus now I am even more confused. So I have REX Texture Direct 4 and Soft Clouds, which are currently not working in P3D v4. So will I have to buy a new product from scratch or what do I need to do?? Confused dot com right now...

walterg74    2
1 hour ago, herryjanto said:

Could please help me to understand this correctly. At the moment I am using REX4 and softcloud and AS16 (for my weather radar on PMDG and FSL). Hifi also has ASCA and I am waiting for REX product.

Sky force, is that comparable like AS16?

Environment force, is that comparable with ASCA?

1. My goal is to buy ASCA the like from REX, that is why I am waiting for almost a year for Sky force. Am I correct with my expectation?

2. What does environment force actually do? dynamic clouds or else?

Regards,
Hendrik

No, that does not seem right at all...

AS16 is a *weather engine*.... The chart is telling you right there that the weather engine is "REX Weather Force"

To me Weather Force is the engine, skyforce is like REX or some elements for *display* and maybe to be used WITH REX? and environemt force is the component that makes all these dynamic and updated constantly in the sim...

So if that's the case you need 3 or 4 products to do what AS16 and ASCA does  (actually asca only does clouds, so maybe 3 or products against 3 products).

But not sure, it's pretty confusing...

Dog4Zero    7

This is very confusing. So to get the whole package like essentials plus we will have to get weather force. Now as I under stand this that is Sky Force and Environment combined into one product. Is this correct. If it is will the cost be twice as much or will there be some kind of deal for just getting weather force. Why not just go with Weather force and leave the other two out so as not to confuse people. Unless, of course, Someone just want one or the other. Don't know why, but everyone has their own way to do things. And this will more than likely the only weather engine that will work with P3Dv4 and beyond. As for FSX, Weather Force just might be to much for it, am I wrong? 

Adamski_NZ    7

To add to the confusion even further ...

REX/TD currently includes ground texture replacements (runways, taxiways etc.). No mention of that at all in the table.

I'd say dump the first two products and just go for "Weather Force".

Adam.

rstough    450
On 6/22/2017 at 0:44 PM, herryjanto said:

Sky force, is that comparable like AS16?  Yes, but better in many ways.  

Environment force, is that comparable with ASCA?  Environment Force is way above what any program out there does right now.  Sky Force would compete with our competitor. Environment Force will complement Sky Force in many ways.

1. My goal is to buy ASCA the like from REX, that is why I am waiting for almost a year for Sky force. Am I correct with my expectation?  Wait for Sky Force it will be worth it.

2. What does environment force actually do? dynamic clouds or else?  We are not going to discuss the details of Environment Force. In the past we did and several of our ideas were taken by our competition.  So that is why we have pulled all documentation off the web.

Regards,
Hendrik

See my answers in red above...

• Like 2

rstough    450
19 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

To add to the confusion even further ...

REX/TD currently includes ground texture replacements (runways, taxiways etc.). No mention of that at all in the table.

I'd say dump the first two products and just go for "Weather Force".

Adam.

REX Worldwide Airports is going to replace the features of REX TD in this area.  Just wait until you see what we have planned for REX WWA. :)  Some amazing stuff coming up.

• Like 2

kberg    1

Im not confused or anything about the new softwares i just wonder if they wil get released very soon or end of 2017 :)

#SoHypedCantWait

• Like 1

Dog4Zero    7

I agree with kberg. With WW aiports taking over those textures and the other ones hopefully the rest of the textures. These and ORBX together is going to be the great.

• Like 1

rstough    450
On 6/22/2017 at 2:23 PM, walterg74 said:

No, that does not seem right at all...

AS16 is a *weather engine*.... The chart is telling you right there that the weather engine is "REX Weather Force"

REX Sky Force will include a weather engine that is specifically optimized to take advantage of all the features of Sky Force and the new Cloud system (not just cloud textures).  REX Weather Force is a weather engine, but we are not sure when it will be ready and it is dependent on Environment Force to be complete.  

To me Weather Force is the engine, skyforce is like REX or some elements for *display* and maybe to be used WITH REX? and environemt force is the component that makes all these dynamic and updated constantly in the sim...

So if that's the case you need 3 or 4 products to do what AS16 and ASCA does  (actually asca only does clouds, so maybe 3 or products against 3 products).

REX Sky Force will be sufficient to do what the competitor does it is ONE product.  Environment and Weather Force will take it to a new level not accomplished yet, but it is VERY experimental right now and needs a lot more unit testing.

But not sure, it's pretty confusing...

See my comments in red above...

rstough    450
On 6/22/2017 at 3:21 PM, Dog4Zero said:

This is very confusing. So to get the whole package like essentials plus we will have to get weather force. Now as I under stand this that is Sky Force and Environment combined into one product. Is this correct. If it is will the cost be twice as much or will there be some kind of deal for just getting weather force. Why not just go with Weather force and leave the other two out so as not to confuse people. Unless, of course, Someone just want one or the other. Don't know why, but everyone has their own way to do things. And this will more than likely the only weather engine that will work with P3Dv4 and beyond. As for FSX, Weather Force just might be to much for it, am I wrong? 

Environment Force and Weather Force will come much later and will only add to REX Sky Force.  We will reveal more later.  REX Sky Force is all you need for your complete weather and sky package.  REX Worldwide Airports is what you need for airport package.

rstough    450
On 6/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, Megachill said:

Jesus now I am even more confused. So I have REX Texture Direct 4 and Soft Clouds, which are currently not working in P3D v4. So will I have to buy a new product from scratch or what do I need to do?? Confused dot com right now...

REX Texture Direct and Soft Clouds will be continued supported for P3D v4.  You are not obligated to purchase REX Sky Force.  The "Force" products are ALL new technology that moves flight weather and environment in a new direction.  Texture Direct and Soft Clouds are about 3 years old now.

• Like 2

Adamski_NZ    7
1 hour ago, rstough said:

REX Texture Direct and Soft Clouds will be continued supported for P3D v4.  You are not obligated to purchase REX Sky Force.  The "Force" products are ALL new technology that moves flight weather and environment in a new direction.  Texture Direct and Soft Clouds are about 3 years old now.

Thanks - I *think* I'm finally getting the picture now in respect of all the new products and where they overlap.

Typical question: any ideas how imminent the P3Dv4 hotfixes for REX/TD and SC are?

Adam.