rstough

ANNOUNCEMENT REX RESPONSE TO XP11, FSW, AND P3DV4

rstough    450
On 5/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, PJH2 said:

Please forgive me, I'm sure this has been asked several times and I can't find it, but I have REX TD HD, I see that a hotifx will be released through the app itself, I like that.  Just wondering when.

I don't have a release date on the hotfix. We have to test each element of the program to make sure they will meet the standards and structure of the new platform.

Mephic    8

So does it mean they don't meet it now? To be precise - what's the downside of using it now? Are there any known issues or it's just not tested? 

timest999    602

I have updated Reed's comment above to reflect the precise meaning of where we are on that.

Fooshman    0

Well in the essence of communication and letting you know we're your fan base is heading, I jumped ship to XP11... And DAAAAMN that platform blows the rest out of the water for performance, aesthetics and that flight model is awesome. Coupled with the new A320 ultra and what FlightFactor is stepping up with, even the quality of the freeware scenery has left me extremely impressed. Just needs an add-on like REX to make it a master piece......if you're ever coming across and need testers, I'll raise my hand

Edited by Fooshman

Megachill    0

I agree with Fooshman here, I run both sims now, XP11 and P3Dv4 the Night Flying Experience in XP is simply the best on the market hands down.. Sloped runways just like in real life and Ortho4xp is awesome, espercially for GA flying. The only thing that looks absolute garbage in XP is weather and cloud representation. So for me Xplane when I want to GA / VFR train for real life and P3D when I want to Virtual Airline with the PMDG / Airbus packages. So looking forward to both the packages, XP and P3D

AaronMyers    0
On 6/2/2017 at 10:43 PM, AaronMyers said:

Will Soft clouds install textures properly into P3Dv4 if I simply point the install folder to v4?

I'll assume the answer to be no then...

webestereo    2

I´ve read several forums indicating that they will work just pointing to V4 root folder.   But after reading this, and after a forced reinstall i am doing now, i´d preffer to wait for it....   Imagine a future update is released.  Think about problems you might have.... of imagine a full reinstall...

I would recommend to hold on until is official...

Edited by webestereo

Adamski_NZ    7

The .cfg file thing is no big deal. If you're worried about any of them, open and re-save them in something like Notepad++. I looked at all mine - they're all in UTF-8 format - either because that's the format they were in originally or I've since edited them.

Adam.

It is Flightsimcon week! I wish I could go but hopefully you guys do an interview again this year with Airdailyx so I can at least see it after its uploaded. Hopefully this year is as interesting as last year. ;D

Edited by Roadburner440

rstough    450
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, AaronMyers said:

Will Soft clouds install textures properly into P3Dv4 if I simply point the install folder to v4?

We need to confirm the textures are working properly.  We are finishing up WWA and TD right now.  SC will be next.

rstough    450
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:23 AM, Fooshman said:

Well in the essence of communication and letting you know we're your fan base is heading, I jumped ship to XP11... And DAAAAMN that platform blows the rest out of the water for performance, aesthetics and that flight model is awesome. Coupled with the new A320 ultra and what FlightFactor is stepping up with, even the quality of the freeware scenery has left me extremely impressed. Just needs an add-on like REX to make it a master piece......if you're ever coming across and need testers, I'll raise my hand

Thank you for letting us know.  Once we get SKY Force behind us we will be able to dig deeper into XP and what we can do with it.   We have several ideas, but need to confirm we can do them.

rstough    450
3 hours ago, Roadburner440 said:

It is Flightsimcon week! I wish I could go but hopefully you guys do an interview again this year with Airdailyx so I can at least see it after its uploaded. Hopefully this year is as interesting as last year. ;D

We are not going to FSC this year. Just too much work to do right now.  Hopefully, next year we will be able to make it.

Hey REX team,

I was using FSX for nearly 5 years with REX essential + overdrive

This year I changed to Xplane 11 but im unhappy with the weather engines so if you could convert this into xp11 everyone would buy it because your textures are awesome and also xenviro and skymaxxpro4 are not wearth the money 

you guys do incredible work and i will wait until the hopefull release because i just wanna buy REX and nothing else 

rstough    450
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, MisterLister said:

Hey REX team,

I was using FSX for nearly 5 years with REX essential + overdrive

This year I changed to Xplane 11 but im unhappy with the weather engines so if you could convert this into xp11 everyone would buy it because your textures are awesome and also xenviro and skymaxxpro4 are not wearth the money 

you guys do incredible work and i will wait until the hopefull release because i just wanna buy REX and nothing else 

Thank you for your kind words.  We will see what happens and what can be done.

On 5/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, rstough said:

Yes it will.  Thank you for your support of the product.

LOL, I don't how in the world you will ever get SIMAIR out for v4 when you haven't been able to get it out PERIOD!

instead of talking about what you're going to do with SIMAIR why don't you actually build a product once!

sorry, but you folks needs some tough love! MY WORD THIS IS RIDICULOUS! 

• Like 1

chiel    0

Hello Reed

Is skyforce 3D new voor Essentials overdrive or is this something to use together with Essentials overdrive

danander11    1
On 5/25/2017 at 5:56 AM, rstough said:

Thank you for your question.  We have had access to the programs for awhile.  We are in process of evaluating/testing which products will be compatible.  The purpose of our original statement is to say we aim to make as many as possible compatible as long as it doesn't involve a HUGE undertaking and re-writing of the core.

I can assure you that at least REX Texture Direct / Soft Clouds and REX Worldwide Airports will move ahead.  We are not sure about REX Essentials at this point, considering we are nearing release of Sky Force 3D!

Oops!  I didn't read far enough before asking..

Nothing to see here folks..  move along please....

Edited by danander11
Correction and self-abasement

nfinger    0

Any idea when the P3Dv4 hotfix for REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Worldwide Airports will be released?

On 26/05/2017 at 2:36 AM, rstough said:

The following is a list of all the applications that REX Simulations offers and their current compatibility with the various platforms:

Product

AeroFly 2

XP11

FS2004

FSX

FSX – Steam

FS World

P3D v1

P3D v2

P3D v3

P3D v4

Upcoming Products

REX Sky Force 3D

IN REVIEW

IN REVIEW

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

YES

REX Environment Force

IN REVIEW

IN REVIEW

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

YES

REX Weather Force

IN REVIEW

IN REVIEW

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

YES

REX SIMAIR

IN REVIEW

IN REVIEW

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

TBD

Current Products

REX Worldwide Airports

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

YES

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

REX 4 Texture Direct

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

YES

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

REX 4 Soft Clouds

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

YES

YES

YES

REQ HOTFIX

REX 4 Weather Architect

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

TBD

REX Essentials + Overdrive

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

YES

YES

YES

TBD

REX FS2004 + Overdrive

NO

NO

YES

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

REX Soft Clouds for FS2004

NO

NO

YES

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

REX Xplane 9

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

REX Latitude

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

PHASE OUT

YES

YES

YES

PHASE OUT

WX Advantage Radar

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

TBD**

NO

NO

YES

TBD

Definitions:

REQ HOTFIX: Means it will be compatible after a Hotfix is issued.  This will be a FREE update.

IN REVIEW: Means the platform is currently being investigated for potential imminent or future development.

TBD: Means that testing must be performed to determine if the application will be compatible.

PHASE OUT: Means the application will not developed further to support the platform.

**: Means that the Official SDK has not been issued for review yet.

timest999    602
1 minute ago, webestereo said:

I really miss this REX textures.   Sim is so "cartoon" without it...

We understand.

4 hours ago, Last2Night said:

Would be nice to have some ETAs for the P3Dv4 compatibility hotfixes.

Thanks.

Once our devs wrap up Sky Force we can give ETA's, and it won't be long now, hopefully Monday we can begin work on them. It won't take long at all and we will be delivering them through the app itself for quick delivery and notification. 

chiel    0

Thank you for the incorrect answer, if everyone now uses words instead of half words or letters then I take the trouble to read it completely. Now I need the sms dictionary