WingRider

RESOLVED Missing Jetways / Vehicles

I'm having the same problem. Below are a snip of what the airport looks like, a snip of the REX Theme file, and snips of the top two pages of my Scenery file structure.

The airport photo is from the front of the KRDU airport, plane side. Around back it's even worse, it doesn't show any glass in the airport wing, just a solid wall like the top of the photo of this side. As you can see, no jetways no vehicles, ...

Pretty bleak. Comments

I've tried reinstalling the theme by the way.

KRDU with Rex Airport HD.jpg

Rex Theme 1.PNG

Scenery 1.PNG

Scenery 2.PNG

Hi WingRider, I apologize that this post was overlooked, when your post was split from another topic I was not notified. 

This is a difficult subject and confusing to some people. First let me make it clear that if any default airport in question doesn't contain vehicles and/or jetways, our program will not 'add' them, rather change them.

Because the simulator SDK is nonexistent in regards to texture classification for airports, we had to develop our own interpretation for it. We have done our best to separate and classify things, and as we move forward updating the program it will hopefully get better. However this can work in your favor in most instances because there is a lot more variety in the way we have handled things globally. 

To confirm, the above screenshot is from KRDU?

Also I just noticed you did have another KRDU installed, yet unchecked from the scenery library. I wonder if something is amiss with this. I will await clarification first, then check KRDU in my setup.

Hi Tim,

Sorry took so long to get back to you.

On 4/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, timest999 said:

To confirm, the above screenshot is from KRDU?

Yes

On 4/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, timest999 said:

Also I just noticed you did have another KRDU installed, yet unchecked from the scenery library. I wonder if something is amiss with this. I will await clarification first, then check KRDU in my setup.

KRDU terminal C was rebuild from around 2005 to 2011. The KRDU and KRDU_land were from a freebie airport design that projected what the finished KRDU should look like. It wasn't bad under Win 7, but became a bit flakey under Win 10. So I disabled it to see what the REX product would look like.

The files attached:

KRDU 3 shows what it looks like with KRDU and KRDU_land active

KGSO shows what another close by airport looks like with WWA. It's not perfect (look at where the two building wings intersect) but ....

KRDU 1 shows the back side of the terminal with WWA. Look, jetways and vehicles, though if you could see it directly you'd see no windows on the building.

KRDU 2 shows front of terminal. No jetways ofr vehicles, but it does have windows.

So, back to you.

Thanks - Bob

KGSO.jpg

KRDU 1.jpg

KRDU 2.jpg

KRDU 3.jpg

Please uncheck your individual FTX scenery library's one a time then start FSX, to see if proper buildings and vehicles show up.

Hey Reed,

Haven't had a chance to check it yet. Will do ASAP. Should Orbx and REX get along?

16 hours ago, WingRider said:

Hey Reed,

Haven't had a chance to check it yet. Will do ASAP. Should Orbx and REX get along?

Well they should, but I had a customer will the same problem and when I was online with him, we unchecked every ORBX scenery item and them brought them on one at a time and found one to be corrupt.

Again when it comes to REX, we only change out the textures on the builds and do not change the BGL's which is where the buildings would be from.

Hey Reed,

My bad. I have been so snowed recently that I haven't had a chance to even turn around, let alone sim. I'm out of town this weekend, and tied up Monday. After that I'm hoping I can relax some.

Many thanks, - Robert

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, WingRider said:

Hey Reed,

My bad. I have been so snowed recently that I haven't had a chance to even turn around, let alone sim. I'm out of town this weekend, and tied up Monday. After that I'm hoping I can relax some.

Many thanks, - Robert

Real life is most important.  No worries here.  Just keep us advised when you get a chance to look into things.

Hi Reed,

On 6/2/2017 at 1:01 PM, rstough said:

We have not heard back from you in regards to your issue. Has the issue you addressed been resolved?

Well, yes and no. What has occurred is as follows:

1. I disabled (unchecked in the scenery settings) all the ORBX/FTX entries. That changed nothing.
  2. In an attempt to get back to "ground zero," I uninstalled both REX WWA and ORBX. Everything then OK but what a boring airport
  3. I reinstalled all of ORBX
  4. Then I still had no jetways or vehicles on the one side of the building, and I had cars from highway going through the gate area on the backside of the terminal, and houses inside the airport perimeter.
  5. By experimentation I determined that this happened anytime ORBX's FTX Global openLC North America was installed.
  6. I then deleted the 15 year old KRDU freebie addon I had and purchased LatinVFR's 2016 version of KRDU. Bingo, Everything worked wonderfully.

So at this point everything looks good for KRDU and I'm somewhat afraid to reinstall REX WWA even though that would make other airports look better.

Since I don't have REX installed I can't check to see if this is true or not. Is there an exclusion list in REX WWA? I.e., can I tell REX to NOT affect specific airports that I might have specific addons for?

Hi Bob,

That is good to hear. Just know that if you install a custom airport, REX WWA will not interfere with it at all UNLESS the developer utilized default assets from the sim. Which is highly doubtful.

Hello Reed and/or Tim

So, one hopefully, last question. How do REX WWA and ORBX FTX Global NA Airport Pack work together? Is there a need for both? How do they compare?

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by WingRider

Hi Bob, no worries, that's what we're here for.

You can install those, and they will work together.