WingRider

RESOLVED Install & UAC Questions

FYI: I have searched both the Knowledge Base and the forums and did not find specific answers to my questions.

1). Does the UAC have to be set to Do Not Notify only during the download and install, or always.Your readme file say Pre-Operations Instructions, and then lists turning off the UAC. If it has to be left off whenever FSX is running, that''s an incredible demand for a software program to make. Not only the security risk, but in Win 10 turning off UAC turns off all the apps. Why would the UAC need to be off for operation? Basically that's unacceptable.

2). I'm confused about installation. Thought it was straight forward - run the rexinstaller, but then I read one guys post that talked about first installing the cab files manually, then running the installer. ????

Thank you for contacting our support forum.  Let me address your questions individually.

1.) It is not uncommon within the Flight Simulator 3rd party developer community to request the UAC to be turned off.   The reason is because we move many files back and forth between the application and Flight Sim. UAC can play havoc during this process.

2.)  Installation should be pretty easy.  If you click the rexinstaller.exe this will start the installation process, please follow the wizard windows of the installation process.

Please let us know if this can be closed.

Cheers!

You may close. Thank You.

Though I am curious, what do people do now that (from my understanding Win 8 and Win 10) turning the UAC off switches off all your apps? Do they just go back and forth turning the UAC off and on before and after running FSX?

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, WingRider said:

You may close. Thank You.

Though I am curious, what do people do now that (from my understanding Win 8 and Win 10) turning the UAC off switches off all your apps? Do they just go back and forth turning the UAC off and on before and after running FSX?

Most people run with the UAC turned off.  The main purpose of the UAC was a kind of check for users of Windows.  It gave users a pause to decided if they wanted changes to take place to their programs.  I understand this from a Virus stand point, but unfortunately, it had a long term effect of causing problems with legitimate developers.