Hello,

I'm actually making a Cessna Home cockpit. I'm big fan of REX products and I would like to know when Sky Force 3D will be in the Store. My cockpit will be finished between 1-2 month. I actually use REX4 & ASN for weather and I would like to buy the Sky Force 3D for my new Cockpit rather than AS2016 + ASCA.

Can I have an estimating date (1 Month, 6 Month, 1 year...) ?

Thank you.

On 16/02/2017 at 11:50 PM, ludo1426 said:

Nobody answer on this Forum ??? ??

Edited by ludo1426

I don't think you will get a precise estimate at this point.  It has been stated in their product status page they are working on integrating new features and will probably begin beta testing in the near future.

• Like 1

Yes, we have integrated many new features and once we get back into beta we will announce the feature list and start showing things off.

• Like 1

Put it this way Michael, our program will work for all versions of P3D. Furthermore, we will refrain from answering any more questions regarding the 'rumored' P3Dv4 at this time.

10 hours ago, ridgeskimmer said:

Been saying nearly ready for over a year now, it was also in beta testing before Xmas!!!

No developers are away from any problems, its for us, that they do the best by adding amazing features, which mean new problem to solve. ;)

Also, AFAIK, Beta don't started yet (or maybe the Alpha is running, but nothing about Beta :) )

In the Skyforce PDF that's out there (http://www.rexsimulations.com/skyforce.pdf) are the sample pics from FSX or P3D?

It's important to know, as P3D cloud drawing routines are totally different (translation: cr*p). I have "Soft Clouds" and found it didn't help much. Same deal with water (P3D water is appalling, compared to FSX IMHO).

Adam.

7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

In the Skyforce PDF that's out there (http://www.rexsimulations.com/skyforce.pdf) are the sample pics from FSX or P3D?

It's important to know, as P3D cloud drawing routines are totally different (translation: cr*p). I have "Soft Clouds" and found it didn't help much. Same deal with water (P3D water is appalling, compared to FSX IMHO).

Adam.

Well those images are significantly out of date now in that we have pretty much re-written a lot of things about this program.  But both platforms were represented within that document.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rstough said:

Well those images are significantly out of date now in that we have pretty much re-written a lot of things about this program.  But both platforms were represented within that document.

Great - many thanks! Looking forward to seeing more [new] material! I hope that whenever pics do come along that we get to see which platform they were taken on. FSX isn't so much of a problem, but IMHO P3D definitely has some pretty cheesy cloud/water algorithms (the famous "blobby clouds" etc.). If SF 3D can eliminate those, then you're onto a winner!

Adam.

Looking forward to this! Can't wait to see how Skyforce does compared to Essential+Overdrive. Flying with the stock FSX weather updates enabled since the servers are down and being upgraded and forgot how horrible it was, lol. Never saw that pdf with the pictures before, but that looks great even if it is an old representation.

How much longer?!!!!!!....this is becoming a joke now! To tease people with a product anouncement well over a year ago now and stating that it's nearly ready when it clearly wasn't is starting to backfire on you. May i suggest in future you just keep quiet about a product until it is actually ready!!!

Well, I don't care how long it takes ... if it makes the product better when it [finally] arrives! There's so much already to enjoy while we wait. I'm active on a few of the more popular FS forums and there are so many unbelievable screenshots out there - even with "just" the current REX/TD.

I don't think it's backfiring. I work in Web Development and often find unforeseen circumstances put projects back. I also don't mind being teased LOL!

Adam.

A lot of discutions but still no news about a date... With all this waiting, hope it will be a great great improvement. ;)

3 Month now from my first message and 1 year and half from your first Video about Sky Force 3D and still no estimation date !!!

I think you can tell us how is the developpment going, and approximately when the product will be ready for sales... This could make the wait easily... Or maybe you're waiting for P3D v.4 ?! :D

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 3:29 AM, ludo1426 said:

A lot of discutions but still no news about a date... With all this waiting, hope it will be a great great improvement. ;)

3 Month now from my first message and 1 year and half from your first Video about Sky Force 3D and still no estimation date !!!

I think you can tell us how is the developpment going, and approximately when the product will be ready for sales... This could make the wait easily... Or maybe you're waiting for P3D v.4 ?! :D

Obviously the new platforms play a key role in the future of our products.  I have been burned many times before with release date estimates so that is why our policy is we do not want to give any at the moment.  Also, we do not want to discuss a lot of details in regards to features and functions; especially, since we have been burned on that before too.  Competitors are watching and many ideas have been taken as a result of talking too early about product features.  

Believe me it will be worth the wait.  All I can say is by what I seen things are just amazing.  It will take your sims to a new level not seen before.

Here we go again.. Keep teasing us with how amazing it's going to be but here we are just waiting for any kind of information.. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, but surely you can give us a rough estimate on how long that wait could be? A month? 3 or 6 months? A year?? At least we'll know!

Exactly....here we go again!!!!   Answer to all this competitors seeing things etc etc is as i said say NOTHING AT ALL about the product until you can release it!!! I hope you will learn from this with future products!

how long that wait could be? A month? 3 or 6 months? A year?? At least we'll know!

Exactly....here we go again!!!!   Answer to all this competitors seeing things etc etc is as i said say NOTHING AT ALL about the product until you can release it!!! I hope you will learn from this with future products!

I just read a post where timest999 suggested someone to wait sky force. It should be quite close

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44840-WHATS-THE-DIFFERENCE

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, inancatil said:

I just read a post where timest999 suggested someone to wait sky force. It should be quite close

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44840-WHATS-THE-DIFFERENCE

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah mate I've just seen that too. Also we have seen that Lockheed Martin have updated the Prepar3d website with a dark colour theme similar to the v4 logo leak we saw awhile back.

So I'm assuming REX are waiting for the v4 release as this might be one thing that has delayed the product release, maybe v4 has allowed them to really expand the product.

But since they are all under NDA, all we can do is speculate and hope. Pretty sure the devs under NDA are having a good old laugh about all the drama going on in the flight sim forums of late. :P

Wish I could get myself cryogenically frozen until Sky Force is released! Haha!

So I'm assuming REX are waiting for the v4 release

Yaay i am not alone, I have been thinking this for months lol :D

• Like 1

Yeah I've been pretty excited for this after seeing them do the reveal for it at Flightsimcon last year. Is definitely a day 1 purchase whenever it does come out. Hopefully it utilizes real world weather and that the time for injection in to the sim is much improved. That is really my only nit pick with essentials+overdrive.

I too have been so excited for this release.  I have been a huge fan of REX since I unstalled the very first product od with soft clouds.  Just sitting by waiting patiently and not being tempted to go elsewhere.  Fan for life.