sfreeby

RESOLVED Barber Polling of lines on runway and apron

I am using REX WWA HD and I am experienceing the "barber poll" effect on the runway textures no matter if I have selected High Definition or Standard.  No matter the view, lines on the periphery are not solid until my visual point comes into close proximity of the line.  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall to fix?  If so, how do I obtain a copy of my serial number to input indicating that I have indeed purchased the product?  I have been searching under "barber polling" and have not found anyone else identifying this problem.  Does anyone else experience this anomily?    I am running Windows 10 now and I have a 60 Hz monitor and frames locked at 60.  Many ORBX products installed.  I have tried all variations of resolution - current pic is at FXAA off; MSAA 8; Texture Filt 16x; Texture Res 2048 - but the problem happens at all variations of the above.  Thanks for any help, Scott :)

barber polling effect.jpg

Edited by sfreeby
forgotten statements

Not sure If it works for you, but I find that when I get the same problem, I raise my view to a higher up view of looking down at the ground and the effect becomes more normal. My opinion is that it is the GPU has a difficult time with the lower views because of the back round images it has to create.

Yes, I've tried to raise the viewpoint, "pan in," go to a different viewpoint - all have minimal success in lessening the negative effect, but my favorite view is outside/right and I just haven't had success in making the barber polling go away.  Thanks for your input - much appreciated.  Scott :)

Hi Scott, it's all in the antialiasing setting within your GPU. The higher the setting, the better the visuals in regards.

Thank you timest999 - how do I go about setting the antialiasing setting within my GPU?  I did just purchase a monitor (Dell S2716) with G-Sync technology to use with my nVidia 970 GTX video card.  Any thoughts on how to proceed to make all this technology work together to get rid of the barber-polling effect I see in my current set-up?  Any help greatly appreciated.  Scott :) 

I thought I might add that I tried a "runway lights" cfg. tweak that was found on this site and it made the barber-polling issue almost go away completely.  Happy skies.  Scott :)