Pat Mussotte

CLOSED MV_WX.DLL incompatible with this simulator

Hi everybody!

I did the update of the WX radar this morning with the updater and I get this message"MV_WX.DLL incompatible with this simulator"everytime I launch FSX-SE(and also my P3D V3.4 18). The radar seems to work nonetheless, when I clear the error message, as I get the good test picture!

Thank you for helping

Cheers

Pat

Wx RDR error.jpg

Yes exactly the same here after the upgrade. Saw a post from REX saying to move the file to  fsx\gauges folder, it was already there but overwrote it.

Still the same

fsx Steam edition

Anthony

I tried to install manually the SP1 fix after having uninstall it with windows, but I get the same error! By the way uninstalling the Wx RDR on all the planes(on both FSX-SE and P3D)before upadating manually is a real pain in the a.s. Why not add a tick box"remove on all planes" in the process?

Edited by Pat Mussotte

4 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I tried to install manually the SP1 fix after having uninstall it with windows, but I get the same error! By the way uninstalling the Wx RDR on all the planes(on both FSX-SE and P3D)before upadating manually is a real pain in the a.s. Why not add a tick box"remove on all planes" in the process?

You do not have to uninstall your gauges when installing an update. This is optional.

Also, can you go to the Gauges folder of FSX SE and right click on the MV_WX.DLL and click on the Properties option.  Then click on the "Details" tab and advise the build #.

Hi rstough!

The version of the dll is 1.11.38!

My install on P3D now works, but I've still the problem with FSX-SE.

Thank you for helping

Regards 

Pat

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:34 AM, Pat Mussotte said:

Hi rstough!

The version of the dll is 1.11.38!

My install on P3D now works, but I've still the problem with FSX-SE.

Thank you for helping

Regards 

Pat

Where the WX Advantage Radar main files are located there are folders FSXSE in the files and modules folder.  Copy/Paste the appropriate MV_WX.DLL to the Gauge folder and MV_WXM.DLL to the modules folder.  Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Hello rstough!

Excellent, it works fine no more "error";D

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

Pat

Thank you for the updates everyone.  We are looking into a different installation process.