Sign in to follow this  
Quickmarch

CLOSED Newbie needs some directions

- REX Essential + Overdrive , build 3.8.2014.1126, Order # JCYYQPZNB, REX Store. O/S is Win7 Pro. Sims are - P3D and FSX

I think I've done everything according to the instructions. Configuration Manager/General tab is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. My FSX is installed at C:\FSX. UAC is set to the the bottom of the slider scale. I use NOD 32 as a firewall/anti-virus scanner and all P3D, FSX, and REX executables have been added to the 'excluded' list.

The is the one thing that is not according to the instructions is the default install location for P3D. as noted, this is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

My problem is that hitting the "I want to fly now" button returns an error code that says I need a license to install textures to P3D. I paid for the P3D license, I have the electronic receipt but shouldn't post it here. I've also paid for and been receipted for the REX Essentials software

I've tried numerous things, using the restore buttons, checking my username and password, and spending several hours researching this subject on this forum.  I found numerous references to the problem - every single on stating that private email has been sent, then a note from the poster that the problem is solved - never any hints as to what to do or where to go. Here's one example: 

Now, the notification under the (my) Configuration Manager/General tab no longer shows the notation that the license is valid (used to - doesn't anymore). I suppose I could post screenshots, but I'd just be duplicating previous work.

Can someone assist?

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Please do the following:

1.) Please go to this website to reset your account:

http://www.rexwebservices.com/issuetracker/customervalidation.aspx   

2.) Then open REX and navigate to the CONFIGURATION MANAGER->GENERAL TAB

3.) Click the RESTORE button under the BACKUP/RESTORE CONFIGURATION SETTINGS header.

4.) Enter your username and password you created when you purchased the item.  If you can't remember your password go to this page to retrieve it:

http://www.rexwebservices.com/issuetracker/useraccount.aspx

5.) Click the RESTORE button

This will reinstate your access.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with?

Thank you.

I found this screen (customer validation....) during my search of your site, yesterday, and tried it - no joy, then. It returned the notation that my account had been re-activated, but when I went back to REX there was a brief flash of something, then return to the Config Tab with no result. I never saw the user name/password screen. Possibly, I found an old URL that doesn't point to the right place.

Just a suggestion:  As the question ("My P3D account is not active", or similar) appears often, would it not be in your best interest to post a sticky note, with the instructions contained in your post, somewhere in the initial search path. This may already exist, but I did not find it.

Anyway - thanks again, I'll continue to work through the setup process.

Please email me at: support@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this