Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fosseth

ANSWERED REX and Xplane 11

I am a REX P3D happy customer who now is moving towards XP11 like many others.

I was just wondering if REX is intentioned to join the XP11 world beginning of 2017.

Thx

Edited by Mark Fosseth
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, timest999 said:

Hi Mark,

Since 11, it's been a serious contender on our radar!

That's great to hear Tim! Weather/clouds are one of the few major things that needs improving, so I'm looking forward to see what you guys can do.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:11 AM, timest999 said:

Hi Mark,

Since 11, it's been a serious contender on our radar!

Can I interpret your sentence as a " yes " ??   :)

I know very well REX and if you will join Xplane 11 you will definitely wipe out the existent competitors.

Let me know pls :)

cheers 

Hi again Mark,

I edited your post, we all know who they are... and yes, when we enter the market we feel confident with our team and technology. ;)

• Like 2

On 19/12/2016 at 5:29 PM, timest999 said:

Hi again Mark,

I edited your post, we all know who they are... and yes, when we enter the market we feel confident with our team and technology. ;)

Timest999 so can I assume that you guys are actually going to  be developing for Xplane 11 or is it just a "thought" - I want to hold off on all my weather engines at the moment until I hear from REX. I've held off waiting for Skyforce 3d and I'm holding off for Xplane weather until the Pros grab hold (The Pros being you guys)

41 minutes ago, dvflight said:

Timest999 so can I assume that you guys are actually going to  be developing for Xplane 11 or is it just a "thought" - I want to hold off on all my weather engines at the moment until I hear from REX. I've held off waiting for Skyforce 3d and I'm holding off for Xplane weather until the Pros grab hold (The Pros being you guys)

Yes, that is the plan, however the 'Force' product line is our top priority for our team right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timest999 said:

Yes, that is the plan, however the 'Force' product line is our top priority for our team right now.

Awesome news Guys :) 

So yes? YES? OMG! X-Plane 11 with this Cloud and Weather Environmet kill everything. More people will change to XP11! Please!! AWESOME News!!

I do not think REX should move to X-Plane. Things made for FSX/P3D normally are best suited in those games. REX for X-plane 9 was ok, but it was texture based only. XP11 unlike any other flightsimulator has now began their move to a dedicated PBR environment. This is however not enough especially when it comes to weather simulation. Applied physics and mathematics are needed to even begin to code. Even the the programmer must continuely battle internal processes in XP11 and bugs. Though most will be tackled by the excellent dev team, you need to apply an complex external parsing unit. Today that marked is occupied by SkyMaxx Pro and XENVIRO. Arguable the latter part is by far the more similar to REX, and with the latest texture tweak available, it looks better than REX ever did on all platform. But if REX want to spend an extensive amount of money just to try to develope, I do welcome the effort, but as for a weather engine/suite I do not see an immidiate future for REX in X-Plane 11. All said and evaluated, there are some areas were REX could succeed and that is in the texture area. But XP11 is at least in this beta stage period not perticular suited for 2k + textures. Lets face it, in this area we do love high resolution texture yes? Sadly X-Plane 11 do not, not even with the TitanX and ok hardware. X-Plane users unlike P3D/FSX users, we tend to favour performance and immersion over eyecandy any day of the week. Cloud layers tend to destroy performance and added resolution per texture may easy kill the immersion. So that my friends is why I do not think REX should ever develope for X-Plane 11. But hey,7 let's see what the future brings. 

You're entitled to your opinion Tom. I feel confident in our highly capable and experienced team of coders and artists.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:25 AM, Nubbix said:

I do not think REX should move to X-Plane. Things made for FSX/P3D normally are best suited in those games. REX for X-plane 9 was ok, but it was texture based only. XP11 unlike any other flightsimulator has now began their move to a dedicated PBR environment. This is however not enough especially when it comes to weather simulation. Applied physics and mathematics are needed to even begin to code. Even the the programmer must continuely battle internal processes in XP11 and bugs. Though most will be tackled by the excellent dev team, you need to apply an complex external parsing unit. Today that marked is occupied by SkyMaxx Pro and XENVIRO. Arguable the latter part is by far the more similar to REX, and with the latest texture tweak available, it looks better than REX ever did on all platform. But if REX want to spend an extensive amount of money just to try to develope, I do welcome the effort, but as for a weather engine/suite I do not see an immidiate future for REX in X-Plane 11. All said and evaluated, there are some areas were REX could succeed and that is in the texture area. But XP11 is at least in this beta stage period not perticular suited for 2k + textures. Lets face it, in this area we do love high resolution texture yes? Sadly X-Plane 11 do not, not even with the TitanX and ok hardware. X-Plane users unlike P3D/FSX users, we tend to favour performance and immersion over eyecandy any day of the week. Cloud layers tend to destroy performance and added resolution per texture may easy kill the immersion. So that my friends is why I do not think REX should ever develope for X-Plane 11. But hey,7 let's see what the future brings. 

I completely disagree. Some would say why develop a weather engine for FSX or P3D.

I say heck yes. Because competition is good. It keeps everyone on their toes or we get comfortable.

Plus, it gives the consumer more choice. We look forward to the future with all platforms.

We have a tremendous amount to bring towards XP11 and all other platforms.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2017 at 4:27 PM, rstough said:

I completely disagree. Some would say why develop a weather engine for FSX or P3D.

I say heck yes. Because competition is good. It keeps everyone on their toes or we get comfortable.

Plus, it gives the consumer more choice. We look forward to the future with all platforms.

We have a tremendous amount to bring towards XP11 and all other platforms.

If you guys bring amazing textures like in REX p3d for xplane 11, you guys will make so much money. I would buy it in an instant (as long as its good!) and im sure thousands of other people would too!

Edited by <u>Graphite</u>
  • Like 1

On ‎2017‎. ‎03‎. ‎29‎. at 9:16 PM, <u>Graphite</u> said:

If you guys bring amazing textures like in REX p3d for xplane 11, you guys will make so much money. I would buy it in an instant (as long as its good!) and im sure thousands of other people would too!

100% yes! Go develop for X-Plane 11!! Rich years incoming!