rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

herryjanto    5
13 hours ago, rstough said:

WARNING TO EVERYONE!

It will not be long before we will be able to talk more freely about Sky Force and other projects.

LOL... That's what you said a year ago and in June as well.... Should we believe you this time?

Sorry for trolling you....Just can't let go... :P

18 hours ago, rstough said:

WARNING TO EVERYONE!

We appreciate the engagement here and we want it to continue.  But we ask that name calling and any abusive comments stop now. 

If you need to vent your frustrations then do it with me directly at rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Otherwise, let's have civil discussions here.  It will not be long before we will be able to talk more freely about Sky Force and other projects.  But until then it is what it is.

haha, i cant take you guys serious anymore :D

RancidViper    11

Seriously guys stop taking time off the devs hands. I'd much rather they spent their time finishing SkyForce than wasting time sorting out your petty arguments.

All the speculation amounts to nothing anyway. REX are the only people who know when SkyForce will be released so let's just let them do what they have to do and enjoy the simming experience we have available to us today. Which is pretty darn good if you ask me!

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ThomassoCZ    11
6 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Seriously guys stop taking time off the devs hands. I'd much rather they spent their time finishing SkyForce than wasting time sorting out your petty arguments.

All the speculation amounts to nothing anyway. REX are the only people who know when SkyForce will be released so let's just let them do what they have to do and enjoy the simming experience we have available to us today. Which is pretty darn good if you ask me!

Cheers

So why do you waste their time with your post as well?

RancidViper    11
16 minutes ago, ThomassoCZ said:

So why do you waste their time with your post as well?

Umm, there is a difference between having arguments and asking REX devs to step in and moderate, and asking people to stop arguing and telling devs to step in and moderate.. :)

Let me know when you figure it out.. ;)

Peace!

Edited by RancidViper
  • Like 2

ThomassoCZ    11
15 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

Umm, there is a difference between having arguments and asking REX devs to step in and moderate, and asking people to stop arguing and telling devs to step in and moderate.. :)

Let me know when you figure it out.. ;)

Peace!

Nobody was asking REX to "step in and moderate". It's a discussion on their forums; product STATUS UPDATE, and there were no updates. People here were only asking them to answer some questions which is the purpose of this forum, isn't it? 

The value of your post, on the other hand, is zero. And they have to read it anyway. 

So YOU let me know when YOU figure this out.

Peace!

RancidViper    11
10 minutes ago, ThomassoCZ said:

Nobody was asking REX to "step in and moderate". It's a discussion on their forums; product STATUS UPDATE, and there were no updates. People here were only asking them to answer some questions which is the purpose of this forum, isn't it? 

The value of your post, on the other hand, is zero. And they have to read it anyway. 

So YOU let me know when YOU figure this out.

Peace!

Anything I say would probably just fly over your head, but have a think about this.

This Status Update thread was created in 2016. And the Status Update was given then, and we all know it's been delayed and changed since then, there have been plenty of updates from them regarding this.

Don't you think if there was something new to announce they would have done it?

What good does it do by constantly asking them the same questions when deep down you probably know the answer anyway?

I know of other addon companies that have a very simple reply to status update questions. "It'll be ready when it's ready."

I guess the classic "give an inch take a mile" goes perfectly here.

Just like you all, I am impatiently waiting for the release of this product too, but we all need to realise that anyone who is creating any product for sale is under no obligation to quench our thirst for the said product. It's their product! Not ours to demand. When it's released and paid for by us, then it's a different story.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

ThomassoCZ    11
1 minute ago, RancidViper said:

Anything I say would probably just fly over your head, but have a think about this.

This Status Update thread was created in 2016. And the Status Update was given then, and we all know it's been delayed and changed since then, there have been plenty of updates from them regarding this.

Don't you think if there was something new to announce they would have done it?

What good does it do by constantly asking them the same questions when deep down you probably know the answer anyway?

I know of other addon companies that have a very simple reply to status update questions. "It'll be ready when it's ready."

I guess the classic "give an inch take a mile" goes perfectly here.

Just like you all, I am impatiently waiting for the release of this product too, but we all need to realise that anyone who is creating any product for sale is under no obligation to quench our thirst for the said product. It's their product! Not ours to demand. When it's released and paid for by us, then it's a different story.

Hope that makes sense.

That may be true for companies that I don't have anything to do with. I actually own a company and my 1st concern is to make my customers happy. And if I do something, I definitely feel the obligation to deliver and answer every possible question. Maybe you haven't heard about this but prospects (not customers yet) are also very important. According to what you wrote, you would be quite OK treating them like ****. Please, don't start a business. ;) . 

And just for the record, you've now become a part of these "meaningless" discussions, congratulations. This is actually my last message, I think it's all been said.

• Thanks 1

a340500    7
On 10/9/2017 at 7:11 PM, ThomassoCZ said:

That may be true for companies that I don't have anything to do with. I actually own a company and my 1st concern is to make my customers happy. And if I do something, I definitely feel the obligation to deliver and answer every possible question. Maybe you haven't heard about this but prospects (not customers yet) are also very important. According to what you wrote, you would be quite OK treating them like ****. Please, don't start a business. ;) . 

And just for the record, you've now become a part of these "meaningless" discussions, congratulations. This is actually my last message, I think it's all been said.

I agree. Moderators - please lock this thread.

rstough    451

STATUS UPDATE: IN DEBUG PHASE

10/13/2017 - Many have been asking for an update.  We are still within the debug phase of the program.  But we are nearing an end thankfully.  We are having to make a few interface updates for better user experience and understanding.   This is a very extensive application and one area we don't want users to overlook is the area of the cloud models and weather structures. The cloud models and weather structures are extremely significant to this program and how the weather is perceived within the sim.  So we felt during our last test run, we needed to make an adjustment in that area.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

aayyppxx    0

Can someone remind me what skyforce actually is ? I thought it was going to be a weather engine + advanced texture replacement rolled into one ? But they stated that it would work with any weather engine, so its a new sky,cloud and wind simulation ?

RancidViper    11
11 hours ago, aayyppxx said:

Can someone remind me what skyforce actually is ? I thought it was going to be a weather engine + advanced texture replacement rolled into one ? But they stated that it would work with any weather engine, so its a new sky,cloud and wind simulation ?

In one of the most recent updates if i'm not mistaken I saw that SkyForce will contain it's own weather engine.

I assume that it will still support other weather engines though? Or has that changed?

ThomassoCZ    11
3 hours ago, RancidViper said:

In one of the most recent updates if i'm not mistaken I saw that SkyForce will contain it's own weather engine.

I assume that it will still support other weather engines though? Or has that changed?

If it does have its own weather engine, why would you have to use it in combination with something else? 

I would like to know this as well... Is this software gonna be a stand alone complete weather system? 

Thanks.

herryjanto    5
8 hours ago, ThomassoCZ said:

If it does have its own weather engine, why would you have to use it in combination with something else? 

I would like to know this as well... Is this software gonna be a stand alone complete weather system? 

Thanks.

Because certain aircrafts from certain companies (if you use that products), their weather radar only works with certain weather engine from another company... 

LOL.. all this 'codes'.... I hope you can decode what company is it....