rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

This post will be temporarily closed until the hotfix 2 and 3 has been released.

REX SKY FORCE 3D - STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG PHASE

4/5/2018

Well, it is official!  We have released Hotfix 2 to both the beta team and those within the Insider Program.  For those wanting to know what we have been working here is a list of fixes and improvements:

HOTFIX 2 FIX LIST

The following list is merely a generic list of fixes or enhancements that will be included for Hotfix 2.  This is NOT a complete list, but a highlevel few of the upcoming fixes.

INSTALLATION FIXES:

1.) When a new hotfix is applied add function to automatically restore last saved user configurations.

2.) When a new hotfix is applied if applicable remove function requiring user to have to re-register application.

3.) Fix installer to not  reference C drive for space available

SETUP WIZARDS:

1.) Fix issue when adding new airport to favorite airport list it overwrites the last airport added only.

SETTINGS FIXES:

1.) Update the optimizer function so that users have a better idea of what textures will cost in FPS.  Add functions to read flight simulator CFG file.  Add function that if user changes settings they are prompted to reinstall files.

2.) Make serial key field encrypted with option to view

3.) Add control option that user can set the minimize button to minimize to taskbar or system tray.

4.) Add control to minimize application at startup.

GENERAL FIXES:

1.) Fix application freeze issue when deleting a favorite airport.

2.) Fix duplicate notifications for community themes and in ability to close last alert.

TEXTURES:

1.) Fix missing cumulus set 19 texture

2.) Fix missing LightningFX script

ENVIRONMENT WINDOW:

1.) Change sun/atmospherics sets 08 and 13 names.

2.) Fix issue where after adding a texture to a theme it immediately alerts “Theme is completed”.

FLIGHT CENTER:

1.) Fix PFPX weather file download from REX EDGE Servers

2.) Fix weather file import function into PFPX.

3.) Fix support of Pilot2Atc flight plan import into Sky Force.

WEATHER CENTER:

1.) Fix possible issue with weather not showing based upon date format issues.

2.) Add option to enter weather stations/airports that don’t exist in FS database, but yet have an active metar into REX EDGE Servers

INTERACTIVE MAP:

1.) Fix issue with map latency and crashes reported with some customers when right clicking the map.

2.) Fix position of aircraft in relation to flight plan

WEATHER ENGINE:

1.) Improve weather injection accuracy between injections.

2.) Fix assorted .net errors during injection process

3.) Fix OAT / TAT/ SAT temperature issues with aircraft during climbs and higher altitudes.

4.) Fix Altimeter jumps during weather injections

5.) Fix missing cloud layers

6.) Fix visibility haze issue with FSX and FSX Steam users when visibility is reported at 10SM.

7.) Fix issue of weather not injecting for P3D v4.0 users.

8.) Fix issue of visibility being rendered at zero and causing cockpit to not be shown.

9.) Reduce number of simconnect hits to sim.

10.) Change RESET button to REFRESH on main interface.

INSYNC MODEL ENGINE:

1.) Fix various .net errors reported by customers with missing data

2.) Provide users with information of active insync mode on main user interface.

...Next update: Monday, April 16, 2018

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4/25/2018

We are happy to now have released the final build of REX Sky Force Technical Update 2PB2.1 (aka Hotfix 2) to the Beta Team and the Insider Program members.  This will be the last build before release.  All other items will be moved to Technical Update 3.

If all goes well in testing we hope to release this build officially to the public next week.

...Next update: Monday, April 30, 2018

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

good afternoon . steve tanner here. am i not a member of the insider program. if so . where do i dl the fixes

9 minutes ago, steventanner said:

good afternoon . steve tanner here. am i not a member of the insider program. if so . where do i dl the fixes

If I understand correctly they are not released to the public yet unless you are part of the insider program.  @rstough said above that they plan to have it released to the public within a week.

• Like 1

5/1/2018

The results are in from our latest test with the beta team and Insider Program on build 20180420PB2.1.  They were good, but there were a few items that need our attention before release.  We will be deciding in the next few days if we need to do an extensive test again before release.  We will keep everyone posted here.  

Either way, we are looking at a release of Sky Force Technical Update 2 (aka Hotfix 2) next week at the latest.

...Next update: Monday, May 7, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, rstough said:

On 1/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, rstough said:

5/1/2018

Either way, we are looking at a release of Sky Force Technical Update 2 (aka Hotfix 2) next week at the latest.

So we should expect the release within 4-5 days maximum, right?

• Haha 1

REX SKY FORCE 3D - STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT PHASE

5/8/2018

After looking at the data of the results of our tests, we have issued one more patch for those in the Insider Program to test.  We moved into Pre-Deployment Phase as we expect this to be the final test.  We expect to be releasing Technical Update 2 sometime next week.  More information to become available Monday.

...Next update: Monday, May 14, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/26/2018 at 6:48 PM, caleb1 said:

If I understand correctly they are not released to the public yet unless you are part of the insider program.  @rstough said above that they plan to have it released to the public within a week.

i thought i was a member of the insiders. since feb 15th when i acknowledged an email stating that i was accepted. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2018 at 6:48 PM, caleb1 said:

in the initial post i stated that i thought i was a member of the insiders not general anybody. no issue i can wait. cheers

Edited by steventanner

Promises are comfort to a fool.....basically fed-up right about now.

REX SKY FORCE 3D - STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT PHASE

5/14/2018

We have compiled the final build of Sky Force 3D.  We will be preparing REX Sky Force - Technical Update 2 for release later in the week.  Updates will follow on the release.

We are extremely grateful to our Insider Program members as well as our Beta Team in their hard work of making this product much stronger.  We also want to thank all customers who have been patiently waiting for this build.  We understand their frustration, but when you see the fix list you will understand why we needed to go through this extensive testing process.

We will be posting a final fix list on Thursday.  

...Next update: Thursday, May 17, 2018

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, steventanner said:

in the initial post i stated that i thought i was a member of the insiders not general anybody. no issue i can wait. cheers

Let me investigate this further as to why you were not added.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, steventanner said:

i thought i was a member of the insiders. since feb 15th when i acknowledged an email stating that i was accepted. 

I am sorry for you being overlooked.  It was not intentional.  But you have been added now.

12 hours ago, coqui68 said:

Promises are comfort to a fool.....basically fed-up right about now.

Did you purchase Sky Force?  I don't see your order # and store information within your signature?

Hi Reed, thanks for this good news.

I have been waiting before purchasing Sky Force, for Hot Fix-2 announcement to come out and it seems it now has.

If I purchase now will it be downloaded with this new Hot Fix-2?

Posted (edited)

Sounds good! :)

Really hope you fixed the issue with the program being slow after having closed down the sim, plus having to manually turn on and off the weather engine, on first start, or else it'll just be in a "Disconnected" state rather than "Disabled".

Edited by Sethos

3 hours ago, Dane said:

Hi Reed, thanks for this good news.

I have been waiting before purchasing Sky Force, for Hot Fix-2 announcement to come out and it seems it now has.

If I purchase now will it be downloaded with this new Hot Fix-2?

No, it's released later in the week, per the post by Reed above. Basically, it's imminent.

Here is the final fix list for REX Sky Force - Technical Update 2:

Fixed – Freezing of application when user confirms removal of favorite airport

Fixed – Scaling issue with Windows 10

Fixed – Overlapping community theme notification

Fixed – Notifications causing P3D 4.1 to reload

Fixed – Issue of overwriting last entered favorite airport during registration

Fixed – CTD issue when some users right-click the interactive map

Fixed – Aircraft and precipitation positioning on the map

Fixed – Failure when Pilot2Atc flight plan is imported into Sky Force

Fixed – Naming conventions for Sun/Atmospherics sets 08 and 13

Fixed – “Theme completed” popup when adding a new set

Fixed – Issue where weather was not showing in the Weather Center due to foreign date/time

Fixed – Searches within the Weather Center for stations/airports not in the database

Fixed – Texture sets not showing due to missing folder sets

Fixed – .net error messages within the In-Sync Cloud Engine

Fixed – Toggle button “Enable Quick Start” not being aligned with other buttons

Fixed – Issue where Sky Force was causing P3D to go directly into “Load” mode

Fixed – Major jumps of altimeter

Fixed – Accuracy of weather injections

Fixed – Visibility causing complete reduction including the cockpit

Fixed – .net errors with the weather engine

Fixed – OAT/TAT/SAT erratic temperatures increasing with altitude

Fixed – No weather showing

Fixed – Visibility too low for FSX, FSXSE when at 10SM

Fixed – Weather injection issue causing errors with GSX and ChasePlane

Fixed – Weather engine continuing to inject weather after it was turned off

Fixed – In-sim green status bar not showing during weather engine injection

Fixed – Network mode for weather injection

Fixed – Installer stating “Organization” instead of “Email” during user registration

Fixed – Issue with Sky Force working with FSUIPC autosave

Fixed – Long named favorite airports cutting off on Favorite Airport panel within the Dashboard

Fixed – Sky Force resolution issue with Windows 10

Fixed – In-Sim briefing not reporting flight plan data

Fixed – In-Sim briefing not showing clouds reported

Fixed – Issue with textures sets not being saved when creating themes

Fixed – Issue of application hang while changing a theme within the PTA window

Fixed – Double popup alert window when installing a preset theme from the PTA window

Fixed – Default airport not being saved after restart

Fixed – Preventing duplication favorite airports from being added

Fixed – Weather not reporting CAVOK properly within the Weather Center

Fixed – “Precip” button on the mapping still showing precipitation if turned off

Fixed – Latest TAF report is included in the Weather Center data

Fixed – Bank numbers did not change when selecting a category in My Saved Themes or Community Shared Themes

Fixed – Toggle button withinthe Engine setting grayed out when not active

Fixed – Search for weather stations with winds over 30kts+

Fixed – Length of notification text on successful texture install being cut off

Fixed – Step 2 grammatical error during registration

Fixed – Disabling the In-Sync Cloud function was not disabling all functions

Fixed – Disabling the weather engine was not disabling the Refresh Weather button

Fixed – Weather engine was showing DISCONNECTED instead of ON. Changed global variable

Fixed – Issue where clicking Currently In Sim was causing Sky Force to CTD

Fixed – Altitude of roll clouds showing at higher altitudes

Fixed – Issue with cirrus not showing

Fixed – Weather engine continued to load when disabled

Fixed – Load time of weather injections in-sim

Fixed – Innaccurate HDR read-only settings per sim type causing textures to not install correctly

Fixed – Close icons on system and community notification areas. Incorporated buttons instead of icons as some users would quit the application by mistake.

Added – Function to minimize Sky Force to system tray

Added – Option to overwrite default backup of flight sim files

Added – Fade in/out of generic alert system

Added – Function to save latest map settings when application is closed and restarted

Added – 3 levels of density related 3D stratus overcast model sets for user control over performance impact

Added – 7 levels of density related 3D cumulus overcast model sets for user control over performance impact

Added – Feature within the Weather Center to add a custom airport into the database when not found

Added – Feature to set default favorite weather station/airport to show in the Weather Center and Favorite Airports

Added – View buttons to replace ID numbers within My Themes and Community Themes

Added – Better handling of the user’s system profile to help optimize texture resolution

Added – Encrypted serial key field to the Profile Settings window

Added – Function within General Settings to give the user the ability to start up Sky Force in the system tray

Added – Flight sim validation location validation

Added – Full support for weather injection for Prepar3D v4.0 users

Added – Tooltips rollovers to 3 buttons on top right of main window

Added – Weather Refresh button to engine status window

Added – Disabling feature when changing between Enable Performance Optimizer and Auto tune

Added – Code that prevents duplicate airports from being added to the Favorite Airport list from the Weather Center and Dashboard windows

Added – Confirmation of Favorite Airport being added when set from the Weather Center window

Added – Download of the metar_report.xml file for ProAtc users

Added – Code to prevent users from starting more than one version of Sky Force at a time

Added – Examples of the required lat/long degrees when adding an airport to the database

Added – Note to Flight Center details that winds are provided via the GFS model on the 12 and 00Z times

Added – Text to Favorite Airports stating to wait patiently as we download data from our servers

Added – Text to Most Recent Community Themes stating to wait patiently as we download data from our servers

Added – Added new button synchronization window to track aircraft location

Added – Disable notifications button for session to community notifications screen

Removed – Support for PFPX export flight plans

Removed – Additional popup alert when deleting a favorite airport

Streamlined – Weather engine

Streamlined – Cloud model sync engine

Recoded – In-Sim weather briefing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I have been running the insider build just prior to this one and have not had a single problem. Congrats guys on the great work you have done on this.

12 hours ago, rstough said:

Fixed – Issue where Sky Force was causing P3D go directly into “Load” mode

Thanks for releasing the hotfix.  The above bug I did experience, and  I had no idea what it was.  SkyForce would have been my last guess but thanks so much for fixing it.  Is attention going to be focused on Weather Force now?