rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

13 hours ago, timest999 said:

Hmm, ok, I will advise Reed and see what he says. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, but no progress yet. 

After 48 hours of not useful waiting for an already desperately slow re-releasing of the PB1 archive (I lost my file in a disk failure), I think it's time to return to a more reliable product than yours. Thanks.

Is the hotfix intended to make the product more reliable rampa? Is it not worth hanging on in there as I believe you are part of the testing team and so your patience will benefit thousands more ? 

Yes, I'm part of the insider program, I'd enjoy the new PB1.5, but first they forgot to re-publish the requested PB1, later the PB1 post was reupped without the download link, later on the download link was published but without the permission to access the file. If this is the benefit of being part of the insider program, but I'm a fully "outsider".

I hope it´s the dead line.... I bought REX sky force and after a month I can´t use it. when I bought it, on description said that it work with Prepar3d  V4 but´s not true a lot of thinks are not working. mainly the weather injection !

January 19, 2018 .... 
Two months !!!!

Edited by Peter Wachholz
  • Like 3

I bought mine on Jan 5th 2018. I have not flown my p3d since I had REX TD & REX weather engine installed on Jan 4th because I fly with Real World Weather (that's been 2 month & 2 weeks!!!!) . I'm not reinstalling Rew essentials w/ TD because what I purchased was a product that said it worked with Fsx & P3D and the SF3D weather engine does not! Buying this product for $50+ dollars and not able to use it has been very disappointing ! I think all of us who bought SF3D should receive a discount coupon (that does not expire) as compensation,  for the next REX product that comes out. REX had been good to me with all previous products, except this one. 

• Like 1

I agree with the big H on this one. Waiting for all these fixes to make it work is just as bad as waiting for the first release.

Well, this is my very first purchase of any REX Product, SF3D was not what I expect , so far I ground it waiting for Hotfix 2, it is impossible to use with FSX Acceleration + Aerosoft Airbus Series A318-21 v1.31 ( As soon the bus reach the flight level where should change from Thrust Climb to Mach becomes crazy ), but in short I think we should be patient to see this software improved and I'm sure it will be for good.

order VMQYOJXAD

SF3D version 5.0.2018.0104

Win7 x64, i7 4790K @4.6 OC, 16 Gb Ram, GTX 1060 6Gb

Any word on release of HOTFIX 2. I shelved my SF3D until problems fixed. Currently using REX OD+.

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

Ok so .... I've been waiting patiently for hotfix2 as well.  I was really upset that this offering was not flyable immediately after installed.  But I'm one of those guys that don't know  when to just give up.  So I kept trying everything I could think of to get this SF3D thing working.  After many hours of struggling........ success.  It works for me.  So now I have to figure out  way to pass on my learning to the community.  I didn't really keep track of all the things I tried.

My rig is a GTX770 in a  Haswell that is dedicated to flight simulation only.  

I have 2 SSDs and a 1TB HD.  P3Dv4 is on SSD1 running under Win10.  FSX is on SSD2 running under Win7.   I switch between these two installs in the CMOS.

SF3D is installed under SSD1 and the weather engine injection seems to work flawlessly.  However the injection works just like REX Essentials w/OD (ie. abruptly and not gradually).

So how I manage to get it working is somewhat of a mystery to me as well.

Try this:

1. Uninstall SF3D using the uninstall program provided by REX.

2. Manually locate and delete all remnants.... files, folders whatever you can find from the directory tree. 

3. Get ready to clean your Registry using the Registry Editor. Create  a backup file of your registry before starting.

4. Launch the registry editor and search for any remaining entries related to the SF3D program.  Use keywords in the Registry's search function to locate SF3D leftover remnants.  This took me about 20 min to find them all.  Go Slow!   When done, cold boot you rig.

5. Make sure your PC runs correctly (after fiddling with the registry) before proceeding. If you have trouble, load the backup registry file and return to step 3 above.

6. Turn off all that damn virus protection and Windows Defender junk now (both integrated and aftermarket stuff).

7. Delete any previous downloads of SF3D because you will be reinstalling directly from the vendor download.  This is extremely important.  To avoid any prior file corruption from prior downloads from your handling, don't skip this step.

8. Using the Install instructions 'only' provided by REX,  reinstall SF3D.  Some of the steps are already covered above. 

9. Take a flight without virus and firewall protection.

GOOD LUCK...

I have a question:

When it is said that the weather injection is not working in P3D v4, what exactly does that mean?  The weather injection is not injecting at all?  Weather injection injecting the wrong weather?  I wanted to ask so I could be sure mine is working correctly.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, IBOMiles said:

However the injection works just like REX Essentials w/OD (ie. abruptly and not gradually).

This is what is happening to me in Sky Force 3D as well.  Is it supposed to be this way in Sky Force?

Thanks

6 hours ago, caleb1 said:

This is what is happening to me in Sky Force 3D as well.  Is it supposed to be this way in Sky Force?

Thanks

Sky Force does not have a smoothing weather injection process. To do this it involves hooking into the memory of the system and program itself.  This is not an easy task.  We have been working on this but is slated for Weather Force.  We couldn't have it ready for Sky Force.  

REX SKY FORCE 3D - STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG PHASE

3/27/2018

Hotfix 2 PB2 is just about ready for testing.  This is the BIG update everyone has been waiting for.  We expect to hand off to the beta team tomorrow and then to those within the Insider Program.  Due to the potential size of this update, we have decided to break it up into Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 3.

Hotfix 2 - Includes all of the general software fixes, weather engine fixes, and cloud model fixes.

Hotfix 3 - Includes all environmental texture fixes.  Hotfix 3 will be released immediately after Hotfix 2.

We will provide a FULL update to all vendors when both have been released in case you do not want to install the Hotfixes individually.

...Next update: Monday, April 9, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So when Both hotfixes come out , we could also just uninstall our current SF3 and then reinstall from where we purchased it at ...that way the initial Re-install includes all of the hotfixes instead of installing them individually ......Right???

(as long as you guys load those hotfixes into the websites i.e..fspilotshop , where we bought them at) 

seems like it would be easier for a fresh install 

13 hours ago, rstough said:

Sky Force does not have a smoothing weather injection process. To do this it involves hooking into the memory of the system and program itself.  This is not an easy task.  We have been working on this but is slated for Weather Force.  We couldn't have it ready for Sky Force.  

Ok thanks.

19 hours ago, hawaiianstyle78 said:

So when Both hotfixes come out , we could also just uninstall our current SF3 and then reinstall from where we purchased it at ...that way the initial Re-install includes all of the hotfixes instead of installing them individually ......Right???

(as long as you guys load those hotfixes into the websites i.e..fspilotshop , where we bought them at) 

seems like it would be easier for a fresh install 

We will provide each vendor a new full version which will include the hotfixes already built in.  So it would be best to get the full version.

• Like 2

So, you guys are looking for this to work about the same time as WW Airports.  I went back to ASP4, it works better. Once SF3D is fixed I'll try it again.

• Like 1