rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

37 minutes ago, ravewolf said:

I didn't see any notes about the rain injection issue, were you able to get this issue figured out and included in Hotfix 2?

Are you referring to the 2nd injection being always rain?  If so then yes we are looking to that.  Again this is a high-level summary of the fix list.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

Are you referring to the 2nd injection being always rain?  If so then yes we are looking to that.  Again this is a high-level summary of the fix list.  

Yep thats what I'm referring too ;)

Thanks for the information. I hope for progress without any problems. That we will soon have get this great product.

Vesku_63

5 hours ago, NLPER said:

I would like the weather to change smoothly.

that was in the list of fixes, at least that's what I took it to mean:

WEATHER ENGINE:

1.) Improve weather injection accuracy between injections.

Edited by tropbuster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rendering of different kinds of precipitation is terrible. When the weather conditions include snow, I don't even bother flying because the snow is rendered so poorly with unrealistically wide streaks seemingly the size of 2x4's. Is there a way to choose/control how we want the different kinds of precipitation to look -- drizzle, rain, snow (furies, light, heavy), sleet, etc.?

Can you let me know when u guys fix the OAT/TAS / altimeter problem . I'm just eager to know what it exactly was since I tried so many things to try to fix it on my end... Very curious 

thanks 

So pleased to see that Hotfix 2 is on the way. I will be particularly happy to have the OAT issue and weather smoothing fixed. Thank you REX team for listening to us and continually improving this great product!

Mike

• Like 1

Great!

Seems to be a large list of fixes indeed, can´t wait for it.

I´m looking forward primarly for the improved weather injections with a smooth change..... actually it is really "a heavy change". Anyway, I still enjoy the sky/clouds environment every time I fly with Sky Force 3D now !!  ???

Pit.

• Like 2

Do I need to install Hotfix 1 before Hotfix 2? Or can I just take Hotfix 2?

I recently bought SF 3D and got version 5.0.2018.0104

Hi 

After a week or so of trouble free and very enjoyable SF3D usage in p3d v4.1 I have hit problems with the weather engine & flying in heavy overcast (over Orbx England), which is causing continual CTDs.  The error messages seem to relate to textures not being found ("object not set to an instance of an object") and simconnect / .net issues ("a connection that  was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server").  Whilst trying the uninstall/reinstall option, I have been looking at this thread and wondered if you could confirm whether this would relate to the type of issues referred to under the scope of Hotfix 2.  If so, do I just need to avoid heavy overcast until then?!  Thanks   

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, rstough said:

Are you asking if PMDG will integrate the WX Advantage Radar?

or could pmdg wx radar read REX sky force. whit out WX Advantage Radar. if it even possible?

On 21/01/2018 at 6:32 PM, Anthony Geinopolos said:

install 1 then 2

version 5.0.2018.0104  is already the version with HF1 include

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gets said:

He can't until he gets verified for SkyForce.

ooops sorry

38 minutes ago, IBOMiles said:

I have the .NET problem.  I just installed SKYFORCE 3D today.  "Input string was not in a correct format."  It only happens with the Majestic Dash8 Q400

Error Msg.txt

you need to be verified first

Also curious to know if this will eventually work with PMDG products. Having 2 programs running along side FSX/P3D isn't really ideal just to have a working weather radar in the aircraft.