rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

Yeah, thanks REX... Thank you very much as I was just about to go to bed as its my first day back at work tomorrow!

A couple of hours sleep should be ok you think? :)

I cant download the program. It keeps saying "There is a problem downloading the files. Please try again later".... it has been doing this for the past 10 min. Any solution? Is there a direct link? 

Thank you

actually I didn't buy from REX originally but it still gave me the discount on the REX store, I think because I registered on the website.

2 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Gxsr911, why  $6 ? vat ?

thats the discount you get for alredy having a bought  REX product before

Just now, Vasily said:

I cant download the program. It keeps saying "There is a problem downloading the files. Please try again later".... it has been doing this for the past 10 min. Any solution? Is there a direct link? 

Thank you

i think that's an issue with the REX serial number you got.  i had the same problem but it only worked when i used the serial from fspilotshop

REX team, it appears missing Paypal orders can be added back to our Order History manually upon submission of our order details, can you please confirm if we can expect this to happen tonight? This is the last chance to test/fly for many of us before the start of the work week!

3 minutes ago, Vasily said:

Please contact support@rexgamestudios.com with your order number and store you purchased from. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Vince120 said:

REX team, it appears missing Paypal orders can be added back to our Order History manually upon submission of our order details, can you please confirm if we can expect this to happen tonight? This is the last chance to test/fly for many of us before the start of the work week!

Send an email to support@rexgamestudios.com with your order number or paypal transaction number, your name, email and where you ordered from. Thank you.

If you are having any issues please use our support forum here for general errors or issues.

If you are having store or order history issues, please contact us at support@rexgamestudios.com

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STORE, ORDER #

We've tested and orders appear to be working fine now. People that ordered right as we went live may have been caught in the middle of everything going live.

Please email support@rexgamestudios.com with:

1. Transaction # (from paypal) or Credit Card if you have one
2. Order # if you have one
3. Place of purchase (Rex Store, Flight Sim Shop, etc)
4. Email Address & Name ordered under.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the Sky Force forum post.  This has been opened back up as we continue the progression of updating and enhancing the product.  We will discuss upcoming hotfixes as well as Service Packs.

HOTFIX 2 FIX LIST

The following list is merely a generic list of fixes or enhancements that will be included for Hotfix 2.  This does not include items that are being proposed for our major Service Pack 1 update.

Projected release date: TBA

INSTALLATION FIXES:

1. When a new hotfix is applied add function to automatically restore last saved user configurations.
  2. When a new hotfix is applied if applicable remove function requiring the user to have to re-register application.
  3. Fix installer to not  reference C drive for space available.

SETUP WIZARDS:

1. Fix issue when adding the new airport to favorite airport list it overwrites the last airport added only.

SETTINGS FIXES:

1. Update the optimizer function so that users have a better idea of what textures will cost in FPS.  
  2. Add functions to read flight simulator CFG file.  
  3. Add function that if the user changes settings they are prompted to reinstall files.
  4. Make serial key field encrypted with option to view.
  5. Add control option that user can set the minimize button to minimize to taskbar or system tray.
  6. Add a control to minimize application at startup.

GENERAL FIXES:

1. Fix application freeze issue when deleting a favorite airport.
  2. Fix duplicate notifications for community themes and ability to close the last alert.

TEXTURES:

1. Modify cumulus clouds textures to remove transparent look.
  2. Fix missing cumulus set 19 texture.
  3. Fix missing LightningFX script.

ENVIRONMENT WINDOW:

1. Change sun/atmospherics sets 08 and 13 names.
  2. Fix issue where after adding a texture to a theme it immediately alerts “Theme is completed”.

FLIGHT CENTER:

1. Fix PFPX weather file download from REX EDGE Servers.
  2. Fix weather file import function into PFPX.
  3. Fix support of Pilot2Atc flight plan import into Sky Force.

WEATHER CENTER:

1. Fix possible issue with the weather not showing based upon date format issues.
  2. Add option to enter weather stations/airports that don’t exist in FS database, but yet have an active metar into REX EDGE Servers

INTERACTIVE MAP:

1. Fix issue with map latency and crashes reported with some customers when right-clicking the map.
  2. Fix position of aircraft in relation to flight plan.

WEATHER ENGINE:

1. Improve weather injection accuracy between injections.
  2. Fix assorted .net errors during injection process.
  3. Fix OAT / TAT/ SAT temperature issues with aircraft at climbs and higher altitudes.
  4. Fix Altimeter jumps during weather injections.
  5. Fix missing cloud layers.
  6. Fix visibility haze issue with FSX and FSX Steam users when visibility is reported at 10SM.
  7. Fix issue of weather not injecting for P3D v4.0 users.
  8. Fix issue of visibility being rendered at zero and causing cockpit to not be shown.
  9. Reduce the number of simconnect hits to sim.
  10. Change RESET button to REFRESH the main interface.

INSYNC MODEL ENGINE:

1. Fix various .net errors reported by customers with missing data.
  2. Provide users with information of active in sync mode on the main user interface.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Good! Because I use ASP4 with SF in P3Dv4.1 and I still get those pesky .Net errors every now and then. In fact, I'm in the sim right now on the ground and I just got the error about 30 minutes ago! And my SkyForce is updated to the latest version, so the first patch didn't fix my issue. Oh and I'm happy about the transparent clouds being fixed as well, those were kinda an eye sore to me lol

Edited by Deltaair12

29 minutes ago, Deltaair12 said:

Oh and I'm happy about the transparent clouds being fixed as well, those were kinda an eye sore to me lol

In the meantime (for those people using PTA) I found the knocking back the brightness of the Cirrus a fraction and beefing up the lightness/saturation of the other clouds helped a fair bit with respect to Cirrus "poking through".

Adam.

17 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

In the meantime (for those people using PTA) I found the knocking back the brightness of the Cirrus a fraction and beefing up the lightness/saturation of the other clouds helped a fair bit with respect to Cirrus "poking through".

Adam.

Okay I'll try that, thanks. I feel like SF has a long way to go before it's "perfect", but that's totally fine. Nobody expected it to be God's greatest gift to man on its first version. I'm just happy the REX team is listening to their customers, and fixing issues that arise. As for me, I'm still searching the skies for a towering system and I have yet to find one. I guess it's because of the winter time idk. And no rain shafts yet. I've had rain, but no shafts. Still searching high and low (literally) for those two items. 

1 hour ago, aarnjer said:

how about PMDGs wx radar integration?

Are you asking if PMDG will integrate the WX Advantage Radar?

1 hour ago, Deltaair12 said:

Good! Because I use ASP4 with SF in P3Dv4.1 and I still get those pesky .Net errors every now and then. In fact, I'm in the sim right now on the ground and I just got the error about 30 minutes ago! And my SkyForce is updated to the latest version, so the first patch didn't fix my issue. Oh and I'm happy about the transparent clouds being fixed as well, those were kinda an eye sore to me lol

These are HIGH on our list to fix.

• Like 1