rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - STATUS UPDATE

rstough    451

STATUS UPDATE OF REX SKY FORCE: IN DEVELOPMENT

12/1/2016 – Well the news has been a long time coming, but there is great progress in regards to Sky Force.  Many of what has been seen from previous videos has been changed and updated.  There are some pretty amazing things coming down the pike.  Stay tuned for more information as we should begin beta testing within a few short weeks.  In addition, good news for users of the REX Essentials’ weather engine.  We have optimized it to take full advantage of the Sky Force model system.  This will be released with Service Pack 4.

• Like 5

timest999    602

Performance has always been our focus throughout and with our new cloud model system in place we got rid of errant texture calls. At this time we're not going to release any more inside information in regards, but rest assured performance has been our focus.

rstough    451

STATUS UPDATE OF REX SKY FORCE: IN DEVELOPMENT

1/5/2017– Thank you everyone for your patience and we hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and terrific start to the New Year. 

We are very excited to share with you the progress on Sky Force.  As of right now it can only be verbally because we know "others" are watching.  We have progressed a lot with things over the past year and especially since we originally showed the video at FlightSimCon in June 2016.  But since then we have felt we needed to take things to a even higher level. 

We know many would love for us to give a release date or even a estimated release date.  It is our policy that we no longer do this.  And the reason is because there are always unforeseen things that come up that can change dates.  So that is why we are keeping our lips shut on dates.  However, we use these blogs to try to keep you in the loop as much as possible.

Also, many would like us to share more about the product and what it will do.  Some of this we revealed in June 2016, but we have since changed some of those features and added new ones.  Once we near the pre-deployment phase of this product - which is not too far away - we will begin to lift the veil to reveal what Sky Force is all about.

Stay tuned...the wait is nearly over.

• Like 1

timest999    602

Brand new weather engine incorporated with all the bells and whistles. We look forward to start showing this off.

• Like 2

rstough    451

STATUS UPDATE – REX SKY FORCE:  IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

2/2/2017 – Here is the latest update with REX Sky Force.  We are putting some finishing touches on many of the key assets for the project many we have not announced yet.  We will be integrating these key elements, after testing, into the user interface within the coming weeks.  Beta testing will follow shortly after that.

• Like 1

rstough    451

We will be evaluating beta team applications soon before we start testing.  When we are ready we will contact those applicants directly. 

• Like 1

rstough    451

When we announced SKY Force last year at FSCon, the assets were finished.  A lot has happened since then and we have proceeded to update a lot of the material, many due to competition.  That is why we have taken longer.  More will be revealed soon.

• Like 3

rstough    451

STATUS UPDATE – REX SKY FORCE:  IN DEVELOPMENT PHASE

3/17/2017 – Here is the latest update on REX SKY FORCE....We are now integrating all the new and latest developments of SKY Force into the interfaces. Once this aspect of the development is complete we will be moving into what we call the DEBUG phase where we start beta testing the product. Because of the tremendous amount of internal testing we have done, we expect this process to go rather quickly.

• Like 4

bobwad    0

Hi Reed & Tim,

I currently have REX Essential plus Overdrive. Will I be able to update this to get the stunning effects I've seen in the video for Sky Force or will I need Sky Force in addition to/instead of REX Essential?

Cheers,

Bob

Hello guys,

I also have similar Q as @bobwad. I realy find your product structure verry confusing. There are many Q in the forums that strenghten my oppinion: which product to buy, which product replaces what product / textures, what can be run alongside whit what, and many more.

I'm currently also a switcher from FSX:SE to P3D v4 and again I'm very confused about what to buy. What exactly will Sky Force 3D do?

Is it a replacement for REX Ess w/OD (weather engine + cloud textures)?

Is it only a weather engine (as AS16) and should be run with other Cloud and Sky textures addons like REX4 + Soft Clouds?

And what exactly is the difference between the newest "force" product line (Sky Force, Environment Force, Weather Force)?

You have huge discounts now and because of the confusion, I'm not sure what to do. I already have AS16 for P3D. Should I jump on REX4 TD+SC so I have weather (AS16) and clouds running, wait for one or more "force" release which brings new clod textures replacing REX 4 TD + SC, or what?

Regards,

Gerald

Edited by GEK_the_Reaper

b737    0

Reed,Tim.  As a real world pilot, I have to say after watching the Sky Force 3D video a moment ago.

You have NAILED IT!!! on the wx realism!  We had a few TRW's leaving DEN yesterday, you could see many rainshafts as well as LICTG. Your video showed this quite realistically.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.  I use your soft clouds and Tex Dir4 right now.  Really helps add to the immersion.  I can see why you feel that Sky Force 3D will become your flagship product!

Well done gentlemen!

Best,

David, Captain SWA.

rstough    451
12 hours ago, b737 said:

Reed,Tim.  As a real world pilot, I have to say after watching the Sky Force 3D video a moment ago.

You have NAILED IT!!! on the wx realism!  We had a few TRW's leaving DEN yesterday, you could see many rainshafts as well as LICTG. Your video showed this quite realistically.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.  I use your soft clouds and Tex Dir4 right now.  Really helps add to the immersion.  I can see why you feel that Sky Force 3D will become your flagship product!

Well done gentlemen!

Best,

David, Captain SWA.

Thank you for your very kind words, we can't wait for people to experience it.

I know we won't either. Ever since I saw Reed and Tim show off SkyForce last year I knew that was the way to go. Every since P3Dv4 has been released I made sure to stop in to see if anything has popped up. Going to be doing my computer upgrades tomorrow and getting v4 finally to check it out, and hopefully get it tweaked to my liking. I can't wait to see what some of these huge storm fronts that have been mentioned before look like in the new Force programs. I just hope it doesn't bring my PC to its knees. >:D

Edited by Roadburner440

gregj    0

I just found skyforce3D and while behind the watching curve compared to some - I was very happy with soft clouds etc. This? Tops it...I will happily delete all other weather, and consider my payments for them R&D money -  if there is no need for them, based on what this appears to do. Meanwhile, CC in hand hurry up and take my money!  

rstough    451

Thank you everyone for your very kind words.  Please spread the word.  More information will be coming very soon about what has been added to the product.

Reed you are the man! I will definitely spread it in the places I go. I can't wait for this to change my experience like Essentials did all those years ago.

rstough    451
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, Roadburner440 said:

Reed you are the man! I will definitely spread it in the places I go. I can't wait for this to change my experience like Essentials did all those years ago.

Thank you for the kind words.  Please give the credit to the team - these guys have done a great job.  

Hey Guys,

I have been refreshing this site almost every 2 hours every day. It's crazy how excited I am for SKYFORE 3D. Were there any announcement made until this point in time. I am so impatient. 

• Like 1

They uploaded a video to Youtube last year, and talked a bit about SkyForce at flightsimcon last year. I will continue to use Essentials with FSX or fly P3Dv4 without weather until SkyForce comes. I doubt anything else is going to come close. I will say though after playing with the stock weather in P3Dv4 I cannot wait to see what REX weather looks like. Flying in and out of clouds with even the base weather seems way more realistic than FSX, and maybe that is just the way P3D renders weather. Exciting times ahead.

timest999    602

I understand the community is excited about the release of Sky Force and that is greatly appreciated. No one is as excited as our team is to bring it to market. However please refrain from spreading other product news here. It's not the place.

• Like 1

Hello there!!  

Is it possible to add moderate turbulence on the Thunderstorm as a default feature for wind effect. On top of it theres always a moderate chop or turbulence up to 200 feet of it. This is for realness!! . Can it be programmed?. Or is it depending on the wind info from the system?  Wind aloft info??. Another thing. Can it simulate the humidity on the wing. Looks like a 3 to 4 sec. vapor on the wing. White to almost gray texture vapor effect. Thxs for info. 

• Like 1