greg

INQUIRY Request/suggestion for unstretched clouds

Hi,

I think this is a question for the REX Team :rolleyes: We had exchanged/talked about the stretched clouds issue near the poles, I mean in Antarctica, where the clouds are misformed because of the "FSX engine limits".

A solution, in my opinion, could be: imagine the clouds are well formed with an x X y picture, and that they're drawn/displayed as an x' X y' form that is odd where x' = x * xBadFactor and y' = y * yBadFactor. The source picture should then be done/drawn with an x / xBadFactor and y / yBadFactor so that it will be WELL FORMED when disformed by the engine. Am I well understood? :D

Take an example:

1/ A cloud has a 1024(x) x 512(y) pixels size.

2/ Near the usual latitudes, it gets a good form: OK.

3/ Near the South Pole, it gets an odd stretched form, for example something that seems to be in fact a 512 x 384 pixels => in this case, deforming the original picture in a 2048 x 683 pixels will give a good 1024 x 512 when displaying in the South!

Of course, the IHM should offer a checked box for example "flying near the Poles" to permit to choose the right set of cloud pictures/files. NB: piece on the cake, if a flight plan is active, the software could choose the good set of files itself ;)

If the REX Team could put this feature in REX Ess. OD, it could be GREAT!!! :)

Thank you to have read my stuff and to try to understand...

PS: I can more elaborate if needed (English isn't my first language thus perhaps it is understandable? Sorry if that's the case!) and in the starting blocks for beta test if wanted.

Edited by greg