nepr

RESOLVED Update issues and questions TDSC SP6 HF3 and HF4

Hi,

I have FSX-SE and P3D.  Right now, P3D 3.2.  I haven't actually used REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds since my initial install (actually, it's a delete-all and re-install), where I made a couple of updates to both sim platforms and have left things there.

When I open the REX 4 control panel, I get a red-bar alert that I should upgrade to 4.8.2016.0926; e.g., not 4.8.2016.0928, which is in the filename of the zip file I downloaded from the site and in the ".msi" file contained in that file.  If I click "cancel" on the alert-bar, and then navigate to the screen that has it and click on the "check for updates" button, it comes back and tells me that the product is up-to-date.  This happens though the program info page shows 4.8.2016.0622, which I updated to in order to see if that would fix the strange update-alert behavior.

So, I'm reluctant to update using the 4.8.2016.0928 file that I downloaded, since this all seems a bit out-of-whack and, I actually don't really have any immediate reason to upgrade other than to get rid of the messages.  I do intend to upgrade P3D to 3.4, but I don't know if I'd need to re-do the REX 4 TDwSC texture changes or not, or if the ones that I've already done will break with P3D 3.4 or whatever...

So, should I just go ahead and run the installer I downloaded for HF4 4.8.2016.0928 and just ignore the quirky message update mismatch thing?

(BTW, if I click "ok" on the alert-bar, it tries to download a "rexinstall.exe" file that doesn't work because there's no ".msi" file, and this has been this way since I first installed REX 4, so I always go to the site and download the zip file.)

Thanks, for any help you can provide.

I marked this topic as TIER 1 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

That's very odd indeed. Have you tried uninstalling and re-downloading REX 4 fresh from PC Aviator?

If so, please report your build number located in the Info page (the 'i' icon).

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Hi,

Rather than go through yet another reinstall, I just went ahead and applied the update and it worked.  At least the red alert bar went away.  I haven't actually done anything with TDSC for quite some time and don't really have any apparent need to do anything to the textures I have already chosen and installed, months ago, into my sim platforms (FSX-SE and P3D 3.2).  So, unless there's a reason that I don't know about, I'll accept leaving things as they are now and consider this issue resolved.

Thanks for your support.