It just occurred to me that the dev status 'traffic lights' in the announcement block above might be [subconsciously] a little confusing...

I've been quietly refreshing over the past couple of days (heh), and I don't know why, but I noticed myself reading more than one might imagine with colour codes. I think we've got one of those situations like the 'say the colour not the word' thing...

BLUE  RED GREEN :rolleyes:

I guess on the developer side it intuitively fits, but for users, it seems they're inverted?

Red implies: Stop, no, not yet, hold it; Green suggests: Go, yes, come geddit!

We've got green for 'in development' (which I realise means you're working on it, but for us it means there's no download), and red for 'released' (which of course is when there's a lovely new file for us)...

I'm not even going to write a specific request that you might consider changing them, hopefully to demonstrate how absolutely not attached to the idea I am (I promise I'm not such a boob!); I guess I was just hanging around, refreshing, and found noticing weird enough to share :lol:

Much love,

Rob.

Edited by FactionOne

Hey Rob,

Kinda have the same opinion. I know it's not a specific request, but I think I may bring it up to the guys if it comes up. ;) 

• Like 1

Interesting point.  But there is a marketing purpose to it.  Green often gets lost, but the color red is usually by far the fasting thing the eye is drawn too.  That is why most important advertising usually uses the color RED to draw your attention to it.

• Like 1