Styggron

RESOLVED REX 4 with Soft Clouds and REX Essen+OD install/integration

Hello everyone.

First of all I went through the FAQ here

First some background

1. I am very new to REX, less than a week old. I bought REX 4 with Softclouds and I installed this and have this running

2. I also bought REX Essentials + Overdrive as it was on sale and I could not find if the textures from 4 also have the ones from 3.

My questions

1. Because I am going to install REX Essentials second (as REX 4 with SC is already installed) can I install it WITHOUT any textures ?  I did read though you can go to texture settings on each and disable so if I untick all of REX Essentials textures, then it will never interfere with REX 4. Just wondering though if I can just install REX 3 Essentials without any textures at all. (to save hard drive space)

2. Does REX 4 already have all the REX 3 essentials/OD textures ? I know REX 4 has new ones of course but does it have all the REX 3 Essentials/OD ones ?  Is this the case or does REX 3 essentials still have textures REX 4 Texture/SC does not have ? If REX 4 has everything 3 had, then installing the textures would be profligate.

3. If I am using the REX Essentials weather engine won't it lead to an odd situation where I have set textures in REX 4 that will not match weather situation detected by REX Essentials ? How will this work ? Or will the weather engine somehow know REX 4 is there and so use whatever sets I have installed ?

4. Besides the weather engine, is there a benefit of installing REX 3 Essentials ? It seems to have control over weather options like clouds etc that REX 4 does not have.

Thank you wonderful support people and community  :)

Edited by Styggron

Hi there,

1. Unfortunately, no, you must install the full package of REX Essential. You could manually delete the texture folder afterward, but modifying your installation is not recommended and we do not support that.

2. Every texture in both programs are unique; they do not share any textures in common. So there is not even one redundancy.

3. I've never had this happen. REX Essential uses the REX 4 textures very well, it doesn't conflict with the texture placement. If you want the most optimal results, simply install a weather-based texture theme from Texture Direct and it will coincide perfectly with REX Essential.

4. REX Essential has completely different texture options as outlined above, and it also has a flight planning function (and can be integrated with FlightAware).

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you this helps a great deal.

So if I understand correctly, because they do not share textures, they simply both augment each other yes ? So one can't ever overide the other ?

I installed REX Essentials plus overdrive. MASSIVE issues. I'll open up a new thread. Basically, it does not work :(