Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

RESOLVED Virus at download

Attempted downloading WX Advantage several times.

First attempt:  received wxrad_20160504.zip.  Extracted all files.  There was no .exe file to select.  Double clicked on .msi file and received notice that it can only be run from a bootstrapper.  Tried to download again.

Second and subsequent attempts:  Windows Security Essentials tell me the file (same filename as before) contains a virus and was deleted.

Now what?

Thanks.
Scott

As it clearly says on the piper chase page, you MUST disable your AV before downloading and installing this product.  There's no virus.  It's a false positive.  

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Thanks for reply.  I temporarily disabled MS Security Essentials and was able to download/install WX Advantage Radar.

I now have two new problems.

1.  When I initiate REX/ASN/FSX:SE, I set weather to Clear Skies (clears all weather).  Once the flight starts, it's pouring rain.

2.  I used the WX Weather Radar control panel to install the weather radar to the default FSX:SE DC-3.  When I attempt to load the DC-3, I get a error saying, "MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Scott

Seems like you have a registery issue that led to installing the FSXA version.

Please go to where the WX radar is installed.  Within that main folder is a files/FSXSE folder.  Please copy/paste the MV_WX.dll and place it within the Gauges folder of FSXSE.

This problem was caused because FSX SE hi-jacks the registry of FSXA.  This will be fixed in the next update coming out this week.

I did as you said.

WX Radar now shows up, however, I'm unable to turn it on.  When I click next to any of the knobs or switches, they will only rotate counter-clockwise.  Since the main switch is in the "Off" position in the most counter-clockwise position, there is no way to turn it on.

Scott

Thanks.  I'll try that next time I'm able to sit in front of my flight sim.  I'll let you know how that goes.

That fixed it.  Thanks!!!

Great to hear! Thank you for reporting back.