gritz

RESOLVED Corrupted airport textures with Rex4 Direct

There is probably a fix for Rex4 corrupting certain airport textures and elevations (and my entire scenery enhancements) but if so I have not found it.  I have FTX CRM, FTX Global Base, FTX Trees, FTX Vectors running very smooth and then I purchased Rex4 Direct Soft Clouds.  If I apply High Resolution settings in Rex4 certain airports are corrupted beyond repair even after uninstalling Rex4 and the only solution is to do a Restore back to where all was well. Specifically the Idaho airport in the city of Hailey ends up with huge holes and sets all my terrain back to default FSX settings. My beautiful Orbx scenery all corrupted!  Talk about major panic. Specifically I'm really ticked that uninstalling Rex4 does not repair the permanently damaged textures and I have to do a "Restore". 

1 Rex4 KSUN.jpg

2 Rex4 Flying car.JPG

3 WINDSOCKS Rex4 KTEX.JPG

5 Rex4 after re-loading ORIGINAL FSX textures back before Rex4.JPG

6 Rex4 UNINSTALLED and textures STILL bad.JPG

REX definitely does NOT alter elevations of scenery.

You might run the vector tool in FTX and let it check the elevations. That might do the trick.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Ebo said:

REX definitely does NOT alter elevations of scenery.

You might run the vector tool in FTX and let it check the elevations. That might do the trick.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Ebo .....   and re-running the Vector tool again was part of the cure.  But the biggest part of the problem was my lack of knowledge of the order in the scenery library and how to re-arrange it correctly (tool in Orbx Global Central)  so much to learn and so little space in my brain. :rolleyes:

Ok .....  definitely my bad.  The corrupted images definitely manifested themselves after running Rex4 but the problem was in my Scenery Library positions.  I had done nothing to them .... but was happily installing Clouds, free airports, free airplanes, new Payware scenery and borked the arrangements.  So I needed to learn about the Scenery Library anyway .... and this problem gave me about 5 days to upgrade my fading brain cell memory.  Found out there was a simple tool in Orbx to do that, but I guess I needed more education anyway.  Thanks to those who answered my calls for help!

Great to hear that is resolved for you! Thank you for reporting back.

Thank you Ebo!