jfmitch

RESOLVED Weather Radar missing

It's me again with the same problem.  Repurchased REX Essentials with Overdrive  last night (Order Number EJXOZLJCK) and updated to 3.8.2014.1211 , however the radar isn't working.  Just comes back to Download Centre sceen after loading "I just want to fly"   Windows 7 machine and loaded on D drive.  It can be sent to the task bar and apparently works but there is no radar screen.  I've checked and there is only one P3DV3 file.  There may be a small problem in that when I reloaded P3D it did not make a P3DV3 folder but rather everything is in the root folder of drive "G".  This drive only contains P3DV3 files and asociated software, ie. FS Commander in their own folders.

Edited by jfmitch

Hi there,

I think you might be dealing with an incomplete version/corrupted update. If you are redownloading REX, you will have the latest version, no updates are needed. The hotfix you installed was intended for a different build.

I would remove REX Essential, install the base version only, and see if it works OK.

Did as you said removed REX and then I redownloded the complete file from your Server1.  Ran that and ended up with "no radar".  Wasn't quite sure what "base" was but presume it meant a fresh download.

3.8.2014.1126 which I downloaded.  It now resides in drive C:\

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

The matter has been cleared up. I have my radar back.  When I set up REX in a new drive I forgot to change my Windows Firewall settings to reflect same..  D'oh.   Sorry to have bothered you with my error.

Jim

That will do it. Thanks for reporting back Jim.