fltsimguy2

RESOLVED REX Essential + Overdrive v3.82014.1126

I have just built a new high end PC and am starting a reinstall of FSX and will also be adding P3dv3 as well.

My title describes what I have at this time.

I have no idea on how to install into P3Dv3, are there separate installers? is there a cost?

Can you please advise me on what I need to do to add my REX Essentials + OD into P3Dv3, thanks.

cheers.

I have been reading, found this:

To use REX Essential PLUS with OverDrive within Prepar3D, users will be required to pay a one-time licensing fee. Purchasing this special license is only available within the REX application. To use FlightAware data within REX Essential PLUS with OverDrive, users will be required to purchase a monthly subscription. Purchasing this subscription is only available within the REX application.

I don't understand  how I buy the special license "within" the REX application?

On my old computer I open the GUI and I can't see where one pays for the one-time licensing fee?

Also is there a new download that can make this install simple rather than installing Essential, upgrading to OD etc?

Help please.

Edited by fltsimguy2

First, do you have REX already installed? If so, what is the version number on the ABOUT screen?

I have REX OD installed on my old computer FSX setup. 

I'm building a new FSX install on my new computer.  When I launch my REX GUI it says the version # I have listed in the title.  I can't launch REX or my old FSX anymore because I started a new install and nothing is linked in anymore.  Once I get the new install setup I will just delete all the old files.

And I want to buy P3Dv3 and also install REX into that.

Edited by fltsimguy2

Am I to assume that if I buy and install P3Dv3 that when I reinstall REX essentials + OD that the GUI interface will show a "BUY" button under the download TAB?

What is the cost of the P3D license please?

On the Configuration Manager of REX is a section to purchase your access for P3D.  If you have already done this in the past you need to restore your past configuration point within REX.   If you created more than one restore point then this will become corrupt and we will have to restore it for you.

OK then.  IN FSX I will be attempting my REX reinstall soon and see where this takes me...I wanted to get all my Orbx, Vector, UTX (co exist with Vector), Mesh ... all the base stuff setup first which is about done.

I bought P3Fv3 and will start setting it up in parallel to my FSX.

l be in touch if I can't get REX installed in either of these new setups.

cheers

Bryan