flyingjafo

CLOSED New problem after installing hot fix 2

Good day,

I successfully installed the new hot fix for Texture direct/ soft clouds. When scrolling through the low level cloud sets on theme creation, I have 8 pages of cloud sets to choose from with 4 sets a page. when I leave page 4  set 16 and click onto page 5 , the program closes?  This has only happened after the update.

Thanks

Jefferson

Capture.PNG

Hi,

We cannot re-create this error. Please restart your computer, and run REX as admin and try again.

Hello Again,

I tried the restart as administrator and had no success so I thought I would do a complete uninstall followed with a new install to see if this problem would go away. I went through each REX item in my control panel and selected uninstall for all the various fixes/ updates. But SP3 wont uninstall, I get an error saying it cant find the path to rextexture_sp3_20140812.msi . I have searched for it all over my computer and cant not find this file. SP3 is still in my control panel even though there is not a single REX folder/ file any where on my computer?  Soooo... I proceeded to install REX 4 Texture Direct from scratch,I open the program and click search for updates. All is good so far.until I get to the SP3 update and when I install it, I get this error:

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Some how the old SP3 is still lurking in my control panel and wont go away and is keeping me from updating my new reinstall from sp2 to sp3.

This is the error from the control panel when trying to uninstall SP3

Capture.PNG

Geez, I get the strangest issues. Lol

Thanks Again,

Jefferson

Edited by flyingjafo
i added a new first sentence to respond to tim's previous post

Hi Jefferson,

You probably just removed the updates in the wrong order. In that case, remove every entry you can. Any left over entries are harmless, but if you don't like the extra clutter, you can use a third-party uninstall tool to force remove it.

After doing so, make sure you download a fresh copy of REX to install.

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?