Good morning,

I have heavy frame drops in clouds or looking at them with latest REX 4 Direct with Integrated Soft Clouds.

For me unplayable, before update I had 70-80 fps and when flying through cloud layers  or looking at them with your latest patch fps drops to 30. That is not acceptable, I love ur work, but this has to be patched please. In some P3D fb groups many members encounter the same heavy fps drop.

With REX deinstalled, my fps are back to 70 & 80 when flying through heavy cloud layers with maxed out settings, so this framedrop issue is REX related.

Pls respond, thx very much in advance.

Kind regards

Tom Weigandt

Hi Tom,

We have modified the cloud.fx file and changed the size to .67 for optimal viewing. However, this seems to be causing issues with some users with FPS. Until we release the next SP, the best solution is to change the size back to .5 which is the default. You may want to make a copy of this file on your desktop; it will be changed back to .67 every time you install textures. Saving a copy will allow you to easily change it back to .5.

Let me know if that helps.

• Like 1

I will try that out guys and see if it helps, because 20 fps less is not acceptable with a very good rig - no joy at all. ;--) Wait for your SP. Hopefully FPS will be back to normal then. Thx for your hint, REX Team.

Edited by Tom Romero Sanchez