Jump to content
Skiman101

RESOLVED Rex4 Texture Direction Steam Edition - Soft Clouds integration

Recommended Posts

Hi

I've recently purchased FSX: Steam Edition Premium (which included Rex4 Texture Direct). It's now installed and working fine and at the latest build 4.6.2016.0210

I then went on an FSX addon binge (as you do) and purchased REX Soft Clouds (outside of Steam). It is also installed and working fine at build 4.3.2016.0210 (even though the interface says it still needs an update?)

Is there a way to integrate my stand alone REX Soft Clouds with REX Texture Direct Steam edition? From the warning listed in this topic, i gather there isnt, but Im happy to be proven wrong.

Also, at the risk of continuing down the rubbish Steam addon path, am I better off deleting the Texture Direct Steam edition, and re-starting with an all combined REX product like REX Essential Overdrive? I would much rather prefer to do all my REX modifications from within one application, than having to open multiple different stand alone apps.

On that note - does REX Essential Overdrive include all the elements of Texture Direct and Soft Clouds within the same package? It doesnt explicitly say that on the website. Would be nice to see a feature list table comparing all the REX products so I know what Im buying.

Looking forward to hearing back and thanks for developing this incredible software. It has totally rekindled my enthusiasm for flight sims (much to the dismay of my wallet)  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

On March 20, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Skiman101 said:

Is there a way to integrate my stand alone REX Soft Clouds with REX Texture Direct Steam edition? From the warning listed in this topic, i gather there isnt, but Im happy to be proven wrong.

You are correct, currently REX Soft Clouds cannot be integrated with the TD Steam Edition, but only with the standard edition.

On March 20, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Skiman101 said:

Also, at the risk of continuing down the rubbish Steam addon path, am I better off deleting the Texture Direct Steam edition, and re-starting with an all combined REX product like REX Essential Overdrive? I would much rather prefer to do all my REX modifications from within one application, than having to open multiple different stand alone apps.

That depends. As I will outline below, REX Essential is a separate product from Texture Direct and Soft Clouds. You could get the standard REX Texture Direct and integrate it with Soft Clouds, or get REX Essential, or get both. See below:

On March 20, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Skiman101 said:

On that note - does REX Essential Overdrive include all the elements of Texture Direct and Soft Clouds within the same package? It doesnt explicitly say that on the website. Would be nice to see a feature list table comparing all the REX products so I know what Im buying.

The textures in REX Essential OD are 100% different than the Texture Direct textures. Every one is unique to each program, so it's up to you what you like.

For a basic feature table list, see here: 

 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!

×
×
  • Create New...