jfmitch

RESOLVED Radar screen not activating

I have REX Essential with Overdrive version 3.8.2014.1211 and am using it with P3D V3.2.3.16769.  After I'm finished loading textures the Weather Radar does not show up.

Please go to where REX is installed and click on and install the Simconnect.msi.

Simconnect Client v10.0.61259.0 loaded but made no difference.  Weather Radar still not showing up.  The SimConnect server in the Prepar3D v3 application is backwards compatible with the SimConnect.dll’s of P3D 2.x, P3D 1.x, FSX and ESP and the ESP SimConnect server is backwards compatible with the SimConnect.dll’s of FSX.

SnapShot_160317_153755.jpg

Edited by jfmitch
additional comment

Thank you for your inquiry. Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator" Let me know how this goes.

OK checked this morning and still not working.  I also noticed that I no longer hear the thunder crash when the program is opening.

Hi,

Have you followed the advice of the above items Reed posted? If you have questions on how to do so, please let us know.

Yes I uninstalled REX and cleaned registry.  Reloaded REX.  Have followed all the instructions given and still no weather map.  Sounds are back.

Please download and install the latest public beta version and let me know if that fixes this issue: 

I regret that the beta version didn't solve the problem either.

Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing on the radar,

In addition, where REX is installed there should be a folder labeled ErrorLog. Please post any recent logs in that folder.

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: SystemGlobalBackups.saveConfigBackup
Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Radar doesn't show up at all so can't photo it.

The photo shows as far as I get.  Click the red button and this screen reappears.

SnapShot_160319_213315.jpg

Edited by jfmitch

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

SnapShot_160321_162558.jpg.6729b0e9c2459

SnapShot_160321_162209.jpg

Edited by jfmitch
adding proper photo

Can you post a screenshot of the H:\P3DV3 folder to make sure the correct file is available to access?

OK realized I had two folders named practically the same.  P3DV3 and Prepar3DV3.  Deleted an empty P3DV3 folder and reloaded REX Essential Plus OD SP3.  Tried it out and lo and behold my radar screen is back.

Sorry to have caused you so much trouble which came about from a reloading of P3DV3.  Not a REX problem at all.  Case closed

HAH!! At least it's now resolved. :D

Cheers, and thank you for reporting back.