Joaqin

CLOSED Where to browse, no weather machine

Hi, Again

REX 4 Texture Direct is no weather machine. Until i found the harddrive where my old REX ( With W, engine ) is hidden.

To where do I browse when i have no weather engine. It doesn`t  say in the manual ( As I can see ).

- Maybe Fsx.cfg or Texture direct.exe?

When I save and install a theme nothing happens when REX4 auto opens FSX. I can see that the texture is much more better.

But in order to use the theme I installed and saved. Is there anything i should do when FSX starts? Like go to weather section and choose " Thunderstorm"

Or just create a new flight.

Please help

Yours sincerely

Joaqin, Denmark

Hi Joaqin,

If you are not using a weather engine, then simply uncheck the weather engine box. You don't have to have one selected to use Texture Direct.

You can make whatever weather you want in FSX if you are not using a weather engine.

• Like 1

@Tim 
@Galen 

Hi, Its now 8 30 AM in Denmark. I will work on the issue and let you know later how it goes. In the meantime I will thank you all, for the great support. It`s most appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Kim, Denmark 

Edited by Joaqin

@Tim
@Galen
Hi, Again
This is what I did.

First i testet to run REX4 TD without a weathermachine like @Galen suggested. And then only created weather in FSX. This worked out FINE.:)
Then i installed REX Essential.
Both is installed directly on C:/. Not in x86 folder. Both is installed as admin and when i run it,also as admin. My system is win 10 64 bit.
So far so good.
Now I`m afraid of installing my older REX Essential files on top of REX4 TD. So this is what i did about this issue:
1 I created my flight plan in REX Essential without installing textures. Now the plan is stored in FSX.
Now i need to find a way to use the flight plan with the REX4 TD textures. This way i only use REX Essential as a weather engine.
Remember to set REX Essential as your weather engine within REX4 TD:
I will read more about this issue in the topic posted, and return later.

Untill then i wish you all a nice day/evening or night:)

Yours sincerely

Kim, Denmark