Aerox62

CLOSED REX 4 wont load

hi not sure really how to use these forums. I have had to re download REX 4 from FS pilot shop. 

I donwload it to my D drive. I install it into a separate folder in D (not program files).I install it as admin, and run as admin, i get the first loading screen were it shows REX loading. But then it does not actually load up. every time i click it it says REX is not working, and i have to close the program

why is this? i did not have this problem last year when i downloaded it. I am running windows 7, 

7 minutes ago, REX Support said:

We have moved this post to the appropriate product support forum. Thank you for your patience.

and how do i now find this post. i am not very good with forums dont use them, its been nearly a week now since i bought this product again !

Please do the following:

STEPS FOR GIVING FULL CONTROL:

1 - Right click on the REX main folder (i.e C:\REX...) and click on the Properites option

2 - Click on the Security Tab, and select your user profile in the list provided. Click the EDIT button to give Full Control rights. Then click the APPLY button and OK button to complete your action.

3 - Perform steps 1 and 2 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR USER PROFILE NAME WITHIN THE LIST PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

From the Security Tab Window

1 - Click the EDIT button, then click the ADD button.

2 - In the new pop-up window "Select Users and Groups", click the ADVANCED button.

3 - In the new pop-up window click the "FIND NOW" button. In the list below select your user name you log into windows that has Administrative Rights.

4 - Click the OK button, the click the OK button again.

5 - Then in the list in the "Permissions..." window select the name you added and give Full Control rights.

6 - Then click the APPLY button and OK button.

7 - Perform steps 1 - 6 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

ADDITIONAL STEPS FOR REX ESSENTIAL USERS

1 - Where REX is installed right click on the BGLC.exe file and select the Properties option.

2 - On the pop-up window check the option "Run As Administrator". Then click the OK button.

Hi every profile has all the permissions options ticked. Apart from special permissions And that won't let me edit it to allow 

Also I can't find the bglc.exe file in the REX folder to do that option 

Sorry the special permissions box is not ticked on do not allow it is just not ticked at all 

Hi I have had no reply for two days it's two weeks now I have had the issue can I please have a refund of this product if it can't be fixed I did not have this issue last time I installed it 

thanks 

STEP 1 - REMOVE REX

Please uninstall REX through your Control Panel

STEP 2 - REMOVE SQL SERVER LOCAL DB

Please uninstall SQL Local DB through your Control Panel

STEP 3 - REMOVE .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5

Please uninstall .net Framework 4.5 through your Control Panel

STEP 4 - INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5

Go to the REX 4 install files and install the .net frame setup program

STEP 5 - INSTALL SQL LOCAL DB

Install the SQLlocalDB.msi file located on your Desktop that I downloaded. If not please go to the Microsoft Website to download the latest version.

STEP 6 - INSTALL REX 4 TEXTURE DIRECT

Go to the REX 4 install files and install REX

STEP 7 - GIVE FULL RIGHTS TO SQL SERVER INSTANCE FOLDER

Open the C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB folder

Right click on the Microsoft SQL Server Local DB folder

Click on Properties

Click on the Security tab

Under the listing of names select the Users () option and then click the EDIT button

Click on the Full Control checkbox

Click APPLY and then OK, then OK again.

STEP 8 - UNZIP THE sqlprocess.zip file and run it UNZIP THE SQLPROCESS.ZIP FILE -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/58isekbo1e4avzu/sqlprocess.zip

RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR THE sqlprocess.bat file. Each process has a pause before the next process run so you will need to hit the return button for the next process to run.

Hi this is not working. I have had REX 4 before so I  baffled to why it is not 

can I please get a refund which is a shame as I do want rex4 but it's been 2 weeks now 

thank you 

Or can I have a download code for REX essential plus overdrive and we scrap rex4? 

I rememebre REX essential plus overdrive supplies brilliant weather engine and good texture

cluld we do this today as its my day off and would be nice to play FSX with some sort of REX product 

Thanks 

Please email Reed Stough at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that he can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

Thank you for your patience. 

We have recently re-written REX 4 Texture Direct / REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and REX Soft Clouds.  This new build removes the requirement for Microsoft's SQL Server Local DB.  Please go to where you purchased REX and re-download the latest build or contact support@rexgamestudios.com to acquire a direct download link.  You must have a valid serial key to install the program.