Greetings REX Team,

I'm new to REX, and the FSX addon scene, so please excuse my ignorance right off the bat.  I have purchased FSX Steam Edition, as well as REX 4 Texture Direct Steam Edition, and successfully installed both (as far as I can tell anyway).  The thing is, I simply don't see any difference in what FSX looked like before the installation of REX, and what it looks like after.  It just doesn't appear to be changing, well anything to be honest.  This leads me to believe that it's simply not installing correctly.  I've followed the installation guide, all seems to be well in regards to no errors being shown or anything obviously wrong.  Just looking for some assistance in getting this up and running properly.  Thanks in advance!

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia GTX 980

500gig Samsung SSD

16gigs DDR3

Also - UAC is disabled, Windows Firewall is disabled, no AV installed.  I've attached a photo of my settings in hopes that it will be helpful.

Rex Settings.PNG

Edited by xactionbobx
added info

Hi there, 

In the main REX folder there is an ErrorLog folder. Is there any files within there, and if so, would you please post the contents here?

Thanks for the reply.  No ErrorLog folder exists in the main REX folder.  I did a quick search on the folder for the word "error" and came up with no results.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Ok, thank you for reporting back. The absence of an error log tells me that the files are in fact making it into the proper directories of the simulator. To better understand what you are experiencing, please post a screenshot or two of how it looks within your simulator environment. 

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, that whole "work" thing gets in the way :)

I'm glad to report that upon launching FSX this evening to take some screenshots for this thread, everything seems to be working now.  Honestly not sure what changed, but I think we're safe to close this ticket.  Again, i'd like to thank you for your swift attention to this matter.

Cheers!