Rick_hang

CLOSED Invalid Serial Number

Hi REX Support Team

I am unable to install my REX4 TD HD + Soft Clouds into my FSX-SE.

I keep getting "Invalid Serial Number"

I rang my supplier PC Aviator and Dean re-checked my registration number, as being the correct one, but I was still unable to install the programme as

I keep getting "Invalid Serial Number"

My purchase details are:

Purchased from PC Aviator on: 24/12/15

Invoice Number: 32884

PC Aviator Stock Code:  DL-REX4TDSC

I would appreciate some help please as I am very keen to get this great program up and running in my FSX-SE

Rick_hang

Hi Rick,

Are you keying in the serial number, or copy/pasting?

Yes  many,many  times, I even contacted PC Aviator and went through my serial number that was sent to me by them, but alas to no avail, still getting "invalid Serial Number.

Thanks for your reply

Happy New Year

Please email me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

Hi Mr Stough

Thank you for you post

PC Aviator has sent me a new software invoice with a new Registration Number. However the new registration number has been rejected as Invalid again.

Would I need to re-download the new software from PC Aviator? I have not done this as yet.  My only problem is that it is a very large file and I would prefer to get the Discs from PC Aviator.

I carefully copied and pasted the registration number to avoid 0's  and O's.

I did this many times over and over again

Has any other members experienced this problem?

I will contact PC Aviator again today.

If you have any ideas that can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

Regards

Richard SWAN

Richard,

The issue stems from folks keying in the number etc. However, you did state that is not what you are doing so I am baffled here. The serial keys are generated from within the coding environment and could not be invalid. 

Did you in fact email Reed as instructed above?

Please email me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

Hi Tim

I have copied and pasted the old and new serial numbers in countless times, while carefully observing 0's and O's.

I have contacted my supplier PC Aviator Australia and spent 35 minutes on the phone and we both keyed in the serial numbers together many, many times. PC Aviator then concluded that I was keying in the correct numbers and promptly sent me a new registration code.  This new code failed again.  I am absolutely baffled as you would think that I am getting the numbers incorrect, but Tim I think that I am getting the numbers correct.  Could it be something else?    I have been Flight Simming for over 15 years and have never had this problem before.

Tim has any other REX4 member had this problem?

Many thanks for your post.

If you can think of any other reason, please let me or Reed know.

Happy New Year

Regards

Richard SWAN

That is entirely odd...try the following: download REX using our download manager. In order to download, it will ask for your serial key. Try the serial keys and see if one of them works (I would copy and paste, even though you are probably typing it correctly, in order to minimize error. I only copy and paste now personally.)

http://www.rexmarketplace.com/REXGS/rexdownloadmgr/publish.htm

Thank you Grant

I will give it a try and let you know if I have any luck.

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

Richard SWAN

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.

I have sent you instructions via email. Please review them and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience.