cessnaflyer

RESOLVED soft clouds won't start

I am wondering if I need an update or something for this? I hit the check for updates and it says it's up to  date. but when I start the program I get a net frame work error

Can you show us a screenshot of the error you are receiving?

yes sir I can do that. it will be later on today as I have to leave here soon. but i'll get you one.

hello sorry it took me so long to get back to this. but here are the screen shots that where asked for

#1Untitled_zpsswausqud.jpg

#2sofclouds%20error_zps4xyhx770.jpg

there you go rstough hope this can help. I know they are not very big. but they may still help?

Please open your control panel on you computer and under your applications list please confirm if Microsoft SQL Local DB 2012 is installed? 

Have you tried uninstalling, download the latest build and tried re-installing?

ok I will see if I have that. and no I have not tried uninstalling it. but that was going to be my next question to see if uninstalling it would resolve the issue?

ok I just checked my big pc and I do not have a Microsoft SQL Local DB 2012 but I can get it I think? what is this and what does it do?

i tried the 64bit version of the download sir and the soft clouds just crashes out right now it will not start at all.

Please email me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

I have sent you instructions via email. Please review them and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience.

i was looking through the event view for my pc and it says SQLLocal DB 11.0 maybe corrupted. i wonder if this is what is preventing REX soft clouds from starting?

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

I tried reinstalling soft clouds and I get the splash screen for it. but then after that it crashes. now when I enter the serial number for it that is showing up red and as an invalid serial number. could that be the problem? that maybe I need to buy it again?

Typically emails are not answered during weekend hours around holidays.

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

no sir it was not. I have the REX download manager installed and ready for the soft clouds but am not getting much help. I was told I could be online for a help session but have not been able to. because of a time difference. but I can do it now before I need to go eat.