braudoux

RESOLVED Want to upgrade REX Overdrive with REX4

Hi,
Honestly I don't know what is the difference between REX Essential Overdrive and REX 4 Texture...
Should I consider REX 4 Texture as an upgrade of Overdrive or as different software ?
I also own REX Essential Overdrive and I am interested in getting Soft Clouds. What is the best option for me? Purchase a bundle with REX 4 or adding Soft Clouds to my existing REX Essential ?
Sorry to be in the dark and I expect light from you :-[...
Cheers
Bruno

Bruno, before I go into this, have you viewed our latest website located here? http://www.rexsimulations.com

Hi Tim,

Yes of course I've tried to understand through the website but, in front of so many softwares and versions, it is not easy for me to summarize. 

In order to answer my question, it is necessary to understand what REX 4 does differently ...  It is not obvious for a "mid-aged :D" non technician and non native to detect that from reading all spec in English. Or I did not reach the place where this information is available :(

So I would be grateful if you just could inform me and tell me:

- Yes REX 4 is the successor of REX Essential, then I will upgrade mine and purchase the bundle to get Clouds

- No these 2 software do not have the same purpose, then I will only purchase Clouds to enhance my current REX (expecting that they are compatibles).

Best regards

Bruno

@braudoux - I see you have REX 3 so you know what it does.  REX 4 is ONLY textures - it does not include a flight planner nor a weather engine.  However, the difference is the advancement in texture development.  REX 3 was released in 2010 and many of the textures were from our initial release in 2007.  REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Soft Clouds are milestone in progress of better optimization and processing of the textures for greater realism..  REX 4 are completely different textures from REX 3.  But BOTH products are very good to have.

That is the best way to sum it up.

Edited by rstough

Thanks a lot for this clarification... So, and if I do understand, prior to installing REX4 I do not need to uninstall REX3 ! Install will just enhance the textures and Clouds will add new textures.

This reply makes me confident in upgrading my Weather software. Thanks again "rstough".

Regards

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Hi,

Yes, I purchased the bundle, have installed the required updates but did not yes install REX4 and Clouds... Should be done in the coming days, Thanks

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.