mmosier1

RESOLVED Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Installation Package Could Not Open

I'm running integrated TD4 with Soft Clouds on Windows 7 64 bit. When opening TD I'm told I need to upgrade versions from 4.4.2015.0115 to 4.7.2015.0818. I run the download from within TD, without a download manager, UAC turned off, firewall turned off, and antivirus turned off. When I run setup.exe I get the message:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Please help....

Mike

Hi Mike,

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

Hi Mike,

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks for responding. I've done all you recommend and still no luck. I've even turned off my firewall and antivirus, but no luck. UAC is set to not notify.

Mike

Mike this sound exactly like an antivirus issues. You must be certain that it is completely turned off. You can check this by the system task manager and make sure there are no antivirus exe's running.

Mike this sound exactly like an antivirus issues. You must be certain that it is completely turned off. You can check this by the system task manager and make sure there are no antivirus exe's running.

I've done all I know to do to make sure antivirus and firewalls are turned off. I've tried disabling from startup using msconfig, allowing for exceptions, stopping exe's in the task manager. Still no luck. I even tried to get the update running in Safe Mode. When I started TD4 it told me I was up to date.

Any other ideas, or is there any other way to get the files I need for the update?

Mike

Hi,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with the update. Running REX TD with integrated Soft Clouds, I get the message to update to 4.7.2015.0818, which then lets me download the "setup.exe" file. When this file is opened I'm seeing the same error message as the OP (see attached screenshot). I've turned off UAC, antivirus, etc, but no luck.

This is on Windows 7 64bit.

Steve

RexTD_update message.JPG

Please email me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it. Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

I have sent you instructions via email. Please review them and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience.

And me too. Exactly the same. I got the SP5 hotfix on the site and used it. Hope that wasn't a mistake!!! Now my build id showing 4.7.2015.1006 and It's not telling me to upgrade anymore. I hope I haven't messed up big time...

Edited by phantomflyer
Error

I've managed to update by using the manual installation, too. Apparently the updater from within the REX interface only downloaded the latest hotfix, but not SP5 (which I didn't have installed). After installing both SP5 and the hoftix manually, everything now works perfectly.

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

I've managed to update by using the manual installation, too. Apparently the updater from within the REX interface only downloaded the latest hotfix, but not SP5 (which I didn't have installed). After installing both SP5 and the hoftix manually, everything now works perfectly.

So I guess that means I only have just the hotfix installed... where do I get SP5 from?

*EDIT* I see now. I didn't get SP5 from September, so I just got that, then installed it, then re-installed the sp5_hotfix and all is good. 

Thanks

Edited by phantomflyer
spelling

So I guess that means I only have just the hotfix installed... where do I get SP5 from?

*EDIT* I see now. I didn't get SP5 from September, so I just got that, then installed it, then re-installed the sp5_hotfix and all is good. 

Thanks

Thanks for the help! I did the same thing, and it seems to be working for me too. I did a manual download of SP 5 and installed. Then I let the program find the hotfix upgrade, download, and install. I'm now showing current with version 4.7.2015.1006. So far so good!

Mike

• Like 1