Navi Ramirez

RESOLVED can't install new rex4 texture direct updates HELP!

Hi 

I recently bought the rex4 texture direct  and install with no problems to this version 4.1.2014.0128  however when i click on updates it downloads and it seems like it installing but almost at the end of installation it starts to roll back and it says the installation ended prematurely... i have my win7 up to date...please help since i need to upgrade to sp4 to get the best out of rex4.

ivan

win7 64// fsx accel

Please email me at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it.

Please reference REX within the subject line of the email.

Thank you!

I have sent you instructions via email. Please review them and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience.

I have Texture Direct 4.3.2014.1210 installed, on start I get the message to update to 4.5.2015.0818, the updater downloads a file, which takes forever to install, I then start texture 4 direct again and get the same message - I seem to be going in a never ending loop that doesn't install the required update.

I need to update as I want to install the texxtures into Prepar3D v3. How can I update to 4.5.2015.0818 without using the auto updater.

Steve

Edited by JustanotherPilot

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure why this is happening to a handful of folks, however I apologize for the inconvenience.

Here is the direct link for your version: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36226-rex-4-texture-direct-service-pack-5-not-soft-clouds/

Also, next time, please start your own thread as it's much easier to handle support 1 on 1. 

Cheers.

Thanks Tim,

Just a footnote - after my post I tried one more time and on this occassion I got a message that 4.5.2015.0818 was already installed and did I want to modify, repair or remove. I chose the repair option. Several minutes later and much hardrive activity, I received the message that the repair had been done. I then ran texture 4 direct again, and I still got the update needed message, with 4.3.2014.1210 shown as the installed version. Anyway no harm done, the manual install  from the link provided worked fine

I wonder what all the hardrive activity was?

Steve

Edited by JustanotherPilot

Thank you for reporting back Steve. 

The HD activity was standard as the installer does its thing.