drbaker

CLOSED REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds theme installation error

I did a Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade/clean install.  When reinstalling the ORBX products, Vector 1.20 had an error:

Could not find the file 'C\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D v2\ORBX\FTX_Vector\backup.dat. 

I selected: "Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."  Vector seemed to install properly, but could this or Global Base be contributing to the following problem I am experiencing when trying to install a REX4 weather theme into P3D?

Digital Storm Slade Level 4, i7-5930K CPU OC to 4.5GHz, GTX980 GPU OC to 1196MHz, 16 GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB SS drive
Yesterday I did a Windows 10 upgrade/clean install, reinstalled all apps, files, and settings
Installed REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds 4.4.2015.0115 for P3D v2.x
Installed Prepar3d v2.5 2.5.12942.0

HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF MY PROBLEM WITH REX4 TEXTURE DIRECT+SOFT CLOUDS & P3D v2.5

Launch REX…REX control panel…Themes…Theme…Install…error message displays…
ERROR MESSAGE: install.installTheme()_System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException Could not find a part of the path ‘\Scenery\Global\TextureAIR_Jetway2.dds’. at System.IO_ErrrorWinIOError(int32 error Code, String maybe fullPath) at System.IO.file.internalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(StringDestFileName, Boolean overwrite) at rextexturedirect.functions.InstallTheme(String srtThemeID)

Click OK on error message…Fly Now…OK…Log Alert displays and Soft Clouds box appears and disappears…
LOG ALERT: startApplicationsStartFSX_SystemComponentsModel.Win32Exception(0x80004005): System cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecute, Ex(ProcessStartInfo StartInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at rextexuredirect.textureStartApplicationStartFSX()

The REX control panel reappears…P3D does not start up…Click X in upper right to close REX…Are you sure!...Yes…Backup texture theme database?…Cancel takes you back to the LOG ALERT message…OK closes the REX control panel

Launch P3D…P3D control panel…Selected Weather includes Orbx Weather 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the box but the CHANGE button is greyed out and acts like it is not working…Launch Flight does have the weather theme from Selected Weather but nothing I created in REX

Last weekend I did the first Windows 10 upgrade/clean install. Then installed both of these programs and encountered the same problem as noted above. Yesterday I did the second Windows 10 upgrade/clean install to see if that fixes this problem but am experiencing the same problem again. Thanks for your help…

​