drbaker

CLOSED REX4 Texture+Soft Clouds not installing into P3D v2.5

Digital Storm Slade Level 4, i7-5930K CPU OC to 4.5GHz, GTX980 GPU OC to 1196MHz, 16 GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB SS drive
Yesterday I did a Windows 10 upgrade/clean install, reinstalled all apps, files, and settings

Installed Prepar3d v2.5 2.5.12946.0

Installed ORBS Global Base 1.30, HD Trees, Lights Configurator, and Global Vector 1.20
Installed REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds 4.4.2015.0115 for P3D v2.x

HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF MY PROBLEM WITH REX4 TEXTURE DIRECT+SOFT CLOUDS & P3D v2.5

Launch REX…REX control panel…Themes…Theme…Install…error message displays…
ERROR MESSAGE: install.installTheme()_System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException Could not find a part of the path ‘\Scenery\Global\TextureAIR_Jetway2.dds’. at System.IO_ErrrorWinIOError(int32 error Code, String maybe fullPath) at System.IO.file.internalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(StringDestFileName, Boolean overwrite) at rextexturedirect.functions.InstallTheme(String srtThemeID)

Click OK on error message…Fly Now…OK…Log Alert displays and Soft Clouds box appears and disappears…
LOG ALERT: startApplicationsStartFSX_SystemComponentsModel.Win32Exception(0x80004005): System cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecute, Ex(ProcessStartInfo StartInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at rextexuredirect.textureStartApplicationStartFSX()

The REX control panel reappears…P3D does not start up…Click X in upper right to close REX…Are you sure!...Yes…Backup texture theme database?…Cancel takes you back to the LOG ALERT message…OK closes the REX control panel

Launch P3D…P3D control panel…Selected Weather includes ORBX Weather 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the box but the CHANGE button is greyed out and acts like it is not working…Launch Flight does not have any weather theme in Selected Weather from REX.

Last weekend I did the first Windows 10 upgrade/clean install. Then installed both of these programs and encountered the same problem as noted above. Yesterday I did the second Windows 10 upgrade/clean install to see if that fixes this problem but am experiencing the same problem again. Thanks for your help…

Edited by drbaker

I would install the patch provided by P3D for it fixes some issues.  But is not the cause of the REX issues.

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.
2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.
3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.
4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

Hi,

I marked this topic as TIER 1 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

What Firewall and/or Antivirus software do you  have installed?

Only Windows 10 Windows Defender.  I turned off Defender real-time protection and both firewall settings when I installed REX and configured REX with Defender turned off, but no the error messages remain.  I turned Defender back on and the error messages remain.  No REX weather themes show in the P3D control panel or in any loaded flight.