drbaker

RESOLVED Log Error "AIR_Jetway2.dds"

Digital Storm Slade Level 4, i7-5930K CPU OC to 4.5GHz, GTX980 GPU OC to 1196MHz, 16 GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB SS drive
Yesterday I did a Windows 10 upgrade/clean install, reinstalled all apps, files, and settings
Installed REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds 4.4.2015.0115 for P3D v2.x
Installed Prepar3d v2.5 2.5.12946.0

HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF MY PROBLEM WITH REX4 TEXTURE DIRECT+SOFT CLOUDS & P3D v2.5

When I tried to install ​the default textures into P3D I got the error message:

ERROR MESSAGE: Could not find part of the path '\Sound\Wind_general'

In addition, ​I encounter the following problem with trying to install a custom weather theme into P3D.

Launch REX…REX control panel…Themes…Theme…Install…error message displays…
ERROR MESSAGE: install.installTheme()_System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException Could not find a part of the path ‘\Scenery\Global\TextureAIR_Jetway2.dds’. at System.IO_ErrrorWinIOError(int32 error Code, String maybe fullPath) at System.IO.file.internalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(StringDestFileName, Boolean overwrite) at rextexturedirect.functions.InstallTheme(String srtThemeID)

Click OK on error message…Fly Now…OK…Log Alert displays and Soft Clouds box appears and disappears…
LOG ALERT: startApplicationsStartFSX_SystemComponentsModel.Win32Exception(0x80004005): System cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecute, Ex(ProcessStartInfo StartInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at rextexuredirect.textureStartApplicationStartFSX()

The REX control panel reappears…P3D does not start up…Click X in upper right to close REX…Are you sure!...Yes…Backup texture theme database?…Cancel takes you back to the LOG ALERT message…OK closes the REX control panel

Launch P3D…P3D control panel…Selected Weather includes Orbx Weather 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the box but the CHANGE button is greyed out and acts like it is not working…Launch Flight does have the weather theme from Selected Weather but nothing from REX.

Last weekend I did the first Windows 10 upgrade/clean install. Then installed both of these programs and encountered the same problem as noted above. Yesterday I did the second Windows 10 upgrade/clean install to see if that fixes this problem but am experiencing the same problem again. Thanks for your help…​

Edited by drbaker

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

If WA means Weather Architect, I do not own that program nor have it installed.  I have Texture Direct+Soft Clouds only.  When I was doing the initial post-installation setup, the CREATE BACKUP for P3D TEXTURES seemed to only take a second.  So, it seems no backup was made.  The only other thing I did was create a Weather Theme, saved it with a name.  Then, when I tried to install this customized Weather Theme into P3D and start P3D, I got the install errors noted above.  In the P3D Select Weather box, there is no REX Weather 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.  When I load a flight nothing from REX seems to have been applied with the water or weather.  It seems that REX is not talking to P3D.  I tried disabling Windows 10 Defender and running REX and P3D as the administrator with the same problem noted above.  In the P3D Select Weather box, I do show ORBX Weather 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 apparently from ORBX Global Base 1.30 and Global Vector 1.20.  Could this be a Windows 10 thing?  Thanks.

Please do the following:

STEPS FOR GIVING FULL CONTROL:

1 - Right click on the REX main folder (i.e C:\REX...) and click on the Properites option
2 - Click on the Security Tab, and select your user profile in the list provided. Click the EDIT button to give Full Control rights. Then click the APPLY button and OK button to complete your action.
3 - Perform steps 1 and 2 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR USER PROFILE NAME WITHIN THE LIST PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

From the Security Tab Window

1 - Click the EDIT button, then click the ADD button.
2 - In the new pop-up window "Select Users and Groups", click the ADVANCED button.
3 - In the new pop-up window click the "FIND NOW" button. In the list below select your user name you log into windows that has Administrative Rights.
4 - Click the OK button, the click the OK button again.
5 - Then in the list in the "Permissions..." window select the name you added and give Full Control rights.
6 - Then click the APPLY button and OK button.
7 - Perform steps 1 - 6 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

Did everything you mentioned.  C:\REX and C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.  I had to do the FIND NOW route and selected my username for Windows login.  Once I selected it, the Permissions box had what I think was this name but it was all numbers with some dashes in between.  Anyway, after this I tried REX and P3D and all the error messages remain. So, nothing has changed.  Very frustrating.

I couldn't figure out how to imbed a print screen of the settings, but here they are in text.

CONFIGURATION SETTINGS & OPTIMIZATION

Flight Simulator Folder Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin

Weather Engine: Yes

Browse to C:rextexturedirect.exe

Email Address: drbaker3@yahoo.com

Profile Name: DRBaker

Enable Logging

Enable Notifications: No. (Bell sound notifications)

P3D v.2 HDR Textures: Yes

Create/Restore Backup: Create

Texture Resolution

4096 Low-Level Clouds

2048 High/Mid Level Clouds

4096 Runways

4096 Taxiways

Texture Compression Algorithm

DXT 5 Low-Level Clouds

DXT 5 High/Mid Level Clouds

DXT 1 Wave Animation

DirectX

DX11 Sun/Effects

DX10 Water

DX11 Wave Animation

​

The folder location should read:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Please make sure you set to the "Prepar3D v2" part of the location.

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.

Partially.  Mr Stough has been helping me.  We solved the Log Error "AIR_Jetway2.dds". Now, the problem is a corruption error in the SQL server each time I startup the computer and try to start REX TD+.

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.

Sort of.  I need to run the SQL server each time I startup the computer and try to start REX TD+.

That is a rather strange thing. What did our tech tell you the trouble stems from?

He thinks it is a Windows 10 security issue.  We tried different things, but this particular problem persists.  Maybe when the release a Win 10-compatible version, the problem will go away.  --drb