Fitch

RESOLVED FSX will not run under Windows 10

Is anyone else having trouble running FSX under Windows 10? I have read that it has to do with DirectX 12 . I have the latest Nvidia Windows 10 driver installed.  Im wondering of there is a way to roll back to DX-10 ?? Thanks

I have no trouble at all.

How do you define trouble running under Win10?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk

In our testing there have been no ill-side effects as of yet.

If I start FSX either with or without REX, there is a long delay (black screen) before it finally opens. Once its open, I cant make any changes in general settings, aircraft, or anything. The screen stays black. I removed and re-installed FSX and Xcelleration and it still acts the same. Ive tried everything but evidently, something is corrupted. I never had any issues with Windows 7. 

Edited by Fitch

That sounds like a driver problem to me. Does this happen both in windowed and full screen mode?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk

I play on windows 10, some issues but playable.

Sounds like the OP has installed the game to program filesx86 which is a big big no no with any game or add-on.

I play on windows 10, some issues but playable.

Sounds like the OP has installed the game to program filesx86 which is a big big no no with any game or add-on.

No. Ive been using FS since the first edition so, I know how and where to install it.

I had a simular problem when I installed the windows10 update. When I selected FSX with or without REX I would get the same, any selection on the menu would cause the screen to go black. I checked drivers and any thing else I though would help, nojoy. So I went back to windows7, started reloading all my programs, and have gotten all them in except REX. It will not go back and I have tryed now six or seven times, each time trying to find what file is stopping it from loading. When I try to load, it starts then I get a screen which says Modify Repair Remove. Click on modify or repair and it tells me to check if these numbered files are present, and can they be opened, they are, an can be opened. If you go back and try again you get the same thing again. I am not a software person, I know about enough to be dangerous, and I have run out of things to try, and am running out of patience, so I would appreciate any help from you I can get. :(

We have not heard back from you. We have provided you advice to follow, can you please advise us of your current status?

The problem was resolved by reverting back to Windows 7. Thanks.